Paypal friends and family payment

lethigpen540
Contributor
Contributor

I accepted a payment through friends and family. I've already started the transfer to my bank acct and it should go through on Tues. Should I wait to ship the item until after the payment has already been deposited and the transfer is no longer pending. The reason I ask is because I've heard stories about disputes and chargebacks using this payment method. Also I'm kind of having a weird felling about this transaction. All communications have been on point and the buyer has provided all the info I've asked for. I'm mostly wondering if they would be able to dispute this transaction and get their money back. Any help or advice is appreciated 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lethigpen540 

It doesn’t matter. If the sender paid with a credit card, they can do a credit card chargeback within 180 days from date of payment since friends and family payments has no PayPal buyer protection.

You’re not allowed to use friends and family for sales and there’s no PayPal seller protection on f&f payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lethigpen540 

It doesn’t matter. If the sender paid with a credit card, they can do a credit card chargeback within 180 days from date of payment since friends and family payments has no PayPal buyer protection.

You’re not allowed to use friends and family for sales and there’s no PayPal seller protection on f&f payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lethigpen540
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going to do a refund and then make an official invoice. I appreciate the info
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.