Paypal dispute process didn't appear to review my evidence and ruled against me. What can you do?

PhilMK1
New Community Member

I was scammed by a seller on AliExpress for an item costing nearly £200. The seller wont provide sufficient return details to ship back to China, although they say 'I can return'.. I raised a dispute with PayPal but after many weeks, they closed in sellers favour saying 'I had failed to return item'.  PayPal appeared to ignore my evidence about the scam or about insufficient shipping info. What can I do about this? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhilMK1 

Contact PayPal to appeal the decision:

1. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us     
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.     
  3. Click Disputes.    
  4. Click Dispute a payment.    
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Another option is to file a credit card chargeback if PayPal won’t overturn the case, if you paid with credit card,

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

humbleoliver
New Community Member

k you so much for this info cause im gonna do this tommarro moring and im done with **bleep**  paypal and aliexpress they wasnt always like this but they didnt even look at my info i even had video footage to show the mail man bringing the box to the door falling apart the scooter was used and messed so bad and a hazard i couldnt even ship this thing back even if i wanted to in the usa due to the battery situation . and paypal didnt look at none of my proof no pics no video the employees are trash now days there they are not reading a thing they just click ship back for refund , i mention its unshippable with battery acid leaking from it . but im gonna file a charge back with my credit card like a boss thank you  i was thking of that already .🤗😎

Login to Me Too

MissKris
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going through the same thing. I have 3 emails proving I canceled order but PayPal sided with the company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.