Paypal complicit in theft from MyTicketTracker

FOAD1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received tickets purchased from MyTicketTracker? I opened a dispute after not receiving tickets I purchased through MyTicketTracker. Paypal claims that MyTicketTracker provided proof that the tickets were sent, but will not share that proof with me. MyTicketTracker does not answer their phone and does not return messages or Emails. It's been 3 weeks and I still have not received the tickets which were supposed to be provioded upon payment. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FOAD1 

If you bought tickets with a visa or mastercard, dispute it with your financial institution instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DeeTheBest1
New Community Member

I have a similar problem with paypal and ticket tracker. Purchased tickets last year just before covid. Concert rescheduled until Sept of this year. I've been trying to reach ticket tracker with no luck to ask about my tickets. I asked paypal for a little help and they refused because of a 180 day rule. I think that is a bad businness practice with covid being the game changer of anything else I'm involved with currently. Basically Big Business hiding behind a computer screen and committing THEFT!!

Login to Me Too

eilem03
Contributor
Contributor

Did they ever get your money back?  I have the same issue but I actually did not purchase the tickets.  I explained that this was an authorized purchase but Mytickettracker will not just cancel it.  I had to open a dispute and Paypal will let me know in 10 days.  I am nervous since this company has pretty bad reviews online.  They must been getting away with things for a long time.  They sound confident that I won't get my money back.  The people on the phone were so rude.  

Login to Me Too

FOAD1
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, not a cent.

Login to Me Too

temp20220312b
New Community Member

I have the same issue. Two weeks ago, I visited the website for a venue here in Alberta, Canada. Part way through my Ticketmaster.ca transaction my browser was hijacked and re-directed to My Ticket Tracker without my realizing it. Prior to completing the purchase, I noticed the price in U.S. dollars. Big red flag for me. I realized what happened and I backed out of the transaction prior to completing it and closed my browser. I was so relieved thinking I narrowly avoided being scammed. A few minutes later, I saw notifications from PayPal and my bank advising that $402.30 CDN had been charged to my account. In addition to charging in U.S. funds, My Ticket Tracker added $69.03 USD in miscellaneous fees and $9.95 in "shipping" fees for electronic tickets!!! The face value of these 3 tickets is $86.25 CDN taxes and fees included. The total should have been $258.75 and not over $400. I immediately notified PayPal but they say they can't help me, and keep closing off my dispute. I don't want anyone else to fall victim to these scammers. PayPal recommended I make a report through IC3.gov. I also completed a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. I hope anyone reading this notifies law enforcement as well. Pressure from law enforcement might be exactly what it takes to force PayPal to take our disputes seriously and extend the protection they promise to their buyers. PayPal needs to stop protecting these scalper "merchants".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@temp20220312b,

We cannot see the details of your account right now via this channel. I advise you to contact us via the contact us section at the bottom of your account or via Twitter/Facebook. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

deb221
New Community Member

Ticket Tracker hacked into a site that I was purchasing tickets to Hot Tuna Concert at Carnegie Hall was sent link to print them out for April 22, 2022 concert. We were turned away at venue as the tickets were fake ! out $320. plus $109. service fee. Trying to deal with pay pal now but should contact Mastercard

Login to Me Too

AnnaKTib
Contributor
Contributor

Did PayPal resolve your issue? I JUST submitted a claim with them for the same exact reason. Seeing these posts makes me very doubtful I will get my money back. I didn't realize the site I was on had been hijacked, and I had purchased tickets through My Ticket Tracker until I got an email asking me to accept tickets from a random person! I'm just sick about it. 

Login to Me Too

jcecil1
New Community Member

My claim was denied despite providing evidence that the show was cancelled and the company didn't pay me back.  I am on the phone with Paypal, but I feel like I am going to have to take them or the bank they are connected to in order to get the case resolved. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.