Paypal charged my debit for a transaction but no transaction history is in Paypal

vincent-tasarra
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal charged me $20 (1,090.90 Php) worth in PHP currency in a transaction I made through a legitimate website. (I didn't reinput my debit card details so a fraudulent website is not the case)

The problem is that I never got the confirmation panel so I think that's the main suspect. I tried to repeat the transaction process again but Paypal told me I don't have enough money. When I checked the bank (Bank of the Philippine Islands), I saw that I got deducted $20 worth of PHP. I tried to check my transaction history through the Activity Panel however no transactions have shown up for the past 3 hours. I also waited for any e-mails from the website in case a confirmation e-mail is sent to me, however I did not get one. The site sends a confirmation e-mail for every purchase however I did not get one, so I doubt they received the money. The problem is that I cannot refund the money through Paypal since nothing shows up through its Activity Panel. I really want to avoid calling the bank since the process is troublesome and the customer service here is very unreliable. I tried talking through the Paypal Assistant Chat but the bot keeps asking to repeat the question for 10 replies straight so I assumed I wasn't going to get a real person to assist me.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

vincent-tasarra
Contributor
Contributor

The local bank replied that they do not have direct dealings with Paypal and suggested that I direct further questions about this to Paypal instead of them. So communicating with the bank about the problem is not a solution.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @vincent-tasarra

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble with a recent transaction. It sounds like the purchase may have been processed as a guest checkout. A great Help Center article you may find useful is: I have a problem with my PayPal transaction, but I can't find it on my PayPal account. What do I do? If you're still unable to file a dispute after following the steps in the article, you can contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

vincent-tasarra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Meghan , I went to the article but it appears that the article is not available anymore. The link directs me to "The page you're looking for is no longer available." Could I please get another link? I would like to follow through with the first solution you gave me before contacting costumer support directly. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Fadix07
New Community Member

Hello @PayPal_Meghan the same thing just happened to me

Paypal charged me $22.69 (7.240 KWD) worth in Kuwait currency in a transaction I made through a legitimate website cdkeys. (I didn't reinput my credit card details so a fraudulent website is not the case)

The problem is that I never got the confirmation panel so I think that's the main suspect. I tried to repeat the transaction process again but Paypal told me I don't have enough money. When I checked the bank (Kuwait International Bank), I saw that I got deducted $22.69 (7.240 KWD) worth in Kuwait currency. I tried to check my transaction history through the Activity Panel however no transactions have shown up for the past hour. I also waited for any e-mails from the website in case a confirmation e-mail is sent to me, however I did not get one. The site sends a confirmation e-mail for every purchase however I did not get one, so after contacting them they told me to contact Paypal. The problem is that I cannot refund the money through Paypal since nothing shows up through its Activity PaneI called the bank since the process is shown on my bank history customer service confirmed it and told me if it have any trouble I should contact Paypal as well . I tried talking through the Paypal Assistant Chat but the bot keeps asking to repeat the question for 10 replies straight so I assumed I wasn't going to get a real person to assist me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dani

Hi @Fadix07,

I'm glad you joined us here on the PayPal Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your CDKeys purchase, I know that can be frustrated. When you're unsure if a payment went through or not, the best thing to do, is to check your email inbox as any time you complete a payment with PayPal, an email receipt is issued out. If the website errored out in the middle of the checkout process, it is possible the card may have been authorized, which would place a temporary hold on the card. If that is the case, these holds typically fall off within 5 business days, but your card issuer or bank would be able to provide more information on that timeframe.

I hope this helps to resolve your situation, and that you have a good day.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.