Paypal charged a payment even though I was declined on the website!

Ylts1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal charged my creditcard even though I was declined on the site i wanted to buy from because my Paypal email and website email didn't match for security reasons.. Fine i get it but Paypal still charged my creditcard.. and there's no info on the Paypal site about this transaction. Nothing to dispute or anything like that.. My only option right now is to do chargeback from my bank account and risk getting banned from Paypal? This is how they treat loyal customers?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ylts1 

If there is no information on paypal then did you pay as a guest buyer without logging in?

Either way if the transaction is not showing then the payment should bounce back to your credit card issuer or bank, so check with them in a few days if it has not returned. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ylts1
Contributor
Contributor

I was logged in..?

I also had message under notification what is now gone

In my bank it says "PAYPAL *METAQUOTES MQL >************ CY"  (I masked the number)

Website didn't give me my product, paypal charged me 59.48 EUR on 16.12.2022 now it has been 2 weeks and nothing haven't bounced.. so what I'm supposed to do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Ylts1,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about a charge on your PayPal account. From the reading of shared information, it looks like the transaction is of PayPal guest check. If you're unable to recognize the payment or if you have recalled that you had placed an order but haven't received it, kindly report the charge by contacting our customer support team through the available contact options on our website. You can report the charge from Resolution Center by following the details mentioned in the email payment notification [a link will be shared to log in to your account through the email and then you should be able to file a case].

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.