Paypal chargeback fee on top of refund of Discogs sale

asphyx777
New Community Member

I sold a cd on Discogs. After a weeks they buyer tells me it has not yet arrived. I asked him to wait a bit longer because it was sent around the holidays and that we would work out a solution if it didn't arrive at all.

Last week the buyer opened a case, and I assumed the cd had not arrived. I refunded the payment (13,59 euro while the transaction was only 13,50) without taking a good look at the reason of the claim - it said there was unauthorized activity in his account. I had also sent him a message that I was sorry the cd has not arrived and that I had refunded the payment. He then told me the cd has in fact arrived but that he was having issues with his PP account. I asked him to cancel the refund.

Today I got a message from Paypal with an update on the claim. Not only have they debited the 13,59 euro, they also debited a 16 euro chargeback fee?? What the hell. I didn't do anything wrong here. I can understand they debited the 13,59 euro because I had initiated the refund while I didn't have to. But what is this 16 euro chargeback fee? I tried to add feedback to the case in the resolution center, but the long message I sent doesn't appear anywhere. I always get re-routed to the resolution center, so I feel i'm going in circles. My account now shows a negative amount and I therefore cannot use it until I add funds. But I didn't do anything wrong here! 

Anyone recognise themselves in the above situation? 

thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.