Paypal charge on credit card but not on Paypal account

Margsminidonks
Contributor
Contributor

I have a transaction on my credit card from PayPal that does not appear on my PayPal account. I do not deal with the company whose details appear on the card statement after the word Paypal. I cannot report this in the Resolution Centre because it requires you to select the transaction in dispute. Whom do I contact - the credit card issuer or PayPal? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JaneP7
Contributor
Contributor

I got through to PayPal customer service.  They said that they have no transaction showing on my account and that they have no merchant ID shown on my receipt....told me to contact my bank to reverse the charge.  Haven't tried that yet.  I'll let you know if the bank will do that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

robot_snail
Contributor
Contributor

tell me if this issue have been resolved, i have this similar problem as well, failed the purchase but success deduction on my card 9 times

Login to Me Too
Solved

JaneP7
Contributor
Contributor

I got through to PayPal customer service.  They said that they have no transaction showing on my account and that they have no merchant ID shown on my receipt....told me to contact my bank to reverse the charge.  Haven't tried that yet.  I'll let you know if the bank will do that.

Login to Me Too

Margsminidonks
Contributor
Contributor

I rang PayPal and the CS officer agreed it was not on my PayPal account. He said I needed to contact my bank. I did so, and they tracked the charge. They then told me the name of the person who purchased the item and it turns out it was my partner. We are not quite sure how it happened as he has his own PayPal account but the matter was therefore explained to my satisfaction.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.