Paypal buyer protection as Seller

Swisscrafter_11
Contributor
Contributor

Someone bought an item from me on a second-hand market and also paid with buyer protection. Unfortunately, due to an unexpected event, it will not be possible to send the item for another month and now he no longer wants it. Can I send him the money back or does he even have to apply for buyer protection so that I don't have to pay twice if he applies for buyer protection despite the refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swisscrafter_11 

You don't pay for buyer or seller protection its a given when you pay using the goods/services option for goods or services supplied by a seller.

Click on the transaction and use the refund option bottom of that details page.

HOWEVER... Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swisscrafter_11 

You don't pay for buyer or seller protection its a given when you pay using the goods/services option for goods or services supplied by a seller.

Click on the transaction and use the refund option bottom of that details page.

HOWEVER... Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.