Paypal asking me to buy $100 itunes gift card to recieve payment

Rein92
New Community Member

I have been asked by paypal to buy a $100 iTunes gift card before I can receive my payment that has been sent to me. They said they will accredit my account the $100 buy why would I need to buy a ITunes card?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MidoTKR 

Nothing you can do sadly, as i have already said several times in this thread, its a SCAM.

None of the transaction was done using paypals site, your friend responded to FAKE paypal emails.

Think about it why would paypal tell you to send another companies vouchers or tokens for anything to do with Paypal !!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fashion1967
Contributor
Contributor

It's okay l am not sure why they say that but I think paypal is a Chinese company and that is why you can't get though to them so l deleted or their games cause I think you are right so I am with you when it comes to that stuff,

Login to Me Too

MatthewT18
Thanks so much! I'm so glad I came to this page before sending someone £200 in Steam gift cards. Honestly thank you so much
Login to Me Too

Shants
New Community Member
It’s a scam. Multiple times I’ve been asked to buy steam cards, eBay gift cards and iTunes gift card. A guy name ‘Paul Endward’ tried it on me. PayPal will never ask for a gift card to complete a transaction.
Login to Me Too

riusbi2600
A guy on Kik named peace6621 is telling to buy steam gift cards before he can transfer me 4000$, and I have buy for him 2 50$ gift card, and now he is asking for the third one, and the notification he show me, the word "has" is also missing a letter "h", this is a scam right, what should I do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@riusbi2600 

Ignore him of course its a scam, don't send him anything. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Erin_Mathura-14
Contributor
Contributor
So I wasn’t asked to get iTunes or steam gift cards to receive my payments but rather Amazon gift cards were requested and i found it extremely weird because I’ve never heard of PayPal requesting gift cards for receiving payments...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erin_Mathura-14 

They don't...ignore the scammer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tiger101
Contributor
Contributor
Any of these guys an older looking man white hair white beard (not Santa) says he’s from new your but currently in Paris?
Login to Me Too

adler666officia
Contributor
Contributor
I think I may have the same issue but with someone from USA that wants to send money to me but first i need to purchase stream card or allow gift card to make the payment come through. I did my little investigation and i actually can't use any gift cards on Paypal to receive money. Anyways, I'm not purchasing anything, i have a bad feelings about it!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.