Paypal asking me for information to access my money

Alice_01
New Community Member

I was sent money and i think it was sent through the wrong way and now paypal is asking me to submit information to access money such as receipts, proof of fullfillment, transaction activity etc and i havent sent anything because i got sent money and i didnt send any products or anything so i dont know what to do because I dont have this information and i cant send money or use other features.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Tell them.

If you really have no idea how it al happened, PayPal will stop and reverse that transaction without your actions.

Maybe you can make a refund by yourself at the moment.

Anyway, nothing bad will happen.

What sounds more important in your situation - you definitely should change your PayPal account password to stay safe and secure.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alice_01 

If you mean you were sent money from a friend or family member as a 'gift' using the friends/family option but they sent using the goods/services option instead you could phone customer services and tell them that that is what happened.

However if you are providing goods/services to someone and it was not a gift payment then you would need to supply the information requested.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.