Paypal asking for 3rd part documents for not as described claim

Wicko22
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an audio interface from an online shop which was supposed to come with extra items.

They did send the free microphone after asking the shop to send it but I have still not recieved the software program that was also supposed to be included.

I currently have an open paypal claim for significantly not as described.

I recieved the following paypal email asking for 3rd part documents before the end of the week: 

"To continue with our investigation, we need documentation supporting your claim the item is damaged or significantly not as described. You need to get a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than you).
This document should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. No repairs or alterations should be made to the item, as doing so will limit our ability to successfully resolve your case and may result in the cancellation of your dispute."

I have sent the claims dept screenshots of the shop's product listing and emails from the seller saying they are sorry that I did not recieve the items.

I have already returned the item to the shop for a refund but they are saying that I am not eligable for the 120 day money back guarantee because the item is faulty and I sent the item back in June. This is not true. The item I sent back was the microphone they sent which arrived in a damaged box and not the audio interface.

How can I get 3rd party documents to prove that I did not recieve the software item ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.