180 days hold!

lilycordero
New Community Member

I have been waiting over 180 days and still no email from them on how to get my funds!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lilycordero 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FavourNWOSU
Contributor
Contributor
What happened if you never accepted the money before the permanent restrictions get placed on your account?
Login to Me Too

FavourNWOSU
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back after the 30 days wait?
Login to Me Too

Ashleydudman
Contributor
Contributor
Dose that actually work? If I’be been permanently limited
Login to Me Too

sammy1952
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with Paypal since 2008 and they have stopped all transactions keeping money in the account that I am unable to withdraw for 180 days.

The reason I have been given is using the Resolution Centre too many times during the 2022 Postal Strike in the UK from October to December 2022.

I was unable to speak with anyone and I have made a complaint via the website. My concern is whether this will affect a credit check and whether I will actually ever be able to obtain these funds after 180 days?

I am destraught by the conversations today. Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @sammy1952,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the 180 days hold on your PayPal account. Handling with a limitation can be quite concerning. I recognize the importance of getting this taken care of. Limitations may be placed on your PayPal account, which could restrict you from completing certain actions: such as withdrawing, spending, or receiving money. Please be advised that once the limitation has been lifted from the account, you will be notified about it with the details of what needs to be done to have access to your funds. Kindly keep an eye on the Resolution Center and your email inbox. If you need any help, please reach out to our customer support through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Note: Due to the high volume of contact, it may take some more time to connect as the concerns are answered in the order they are received. So I would suggest you keep trying. Our support will get connected to you as soon as they can.

Good Luck,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

IgorAlferov
Contributor
Contributor

They have done exactly the same to me today just the difference that I was stupid enough to hold 8700$ on my PayPal balance, no reasons for holding money are provided, I have all invoices for selling services and all info in my account was proven long ago anybody who is talking about user agreement and other stuff should remember that their agreement is not above the law and I am not going to leave this situation like that and wait 180 days, anybody who wants to join me to send a claim to US government and any authorities who can help are very welcome! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.