Paypal Purchase Protection on Facebook Marketplace Secure Checkout

kassieclaire
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I want to buy something on facebook marketplace through the secure checkout, but even when checking out through facebook, I don't see the notification of facebook's buyer protection, which is a bit odd, since I'm going through facebook, and not using an external service (like paypal). When purchasing through the facebook secure checkout, I have the option to use PayPal for payment. If I use PayPal through facebook secure checkout (not directly to the seller) would PayPal purchase protection work if Facebook ends up not offering buyer protection?

--Kassie

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @kassieclaire,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you're going to make a purchases on Facebook marketplace and expecting buyer protection. Please note  all payments sent through the Facebook P2P platform are to be treated as personal payments, they do not offer seller or buyer protection. If you face any issues with the transaction, please reach out to the merchant, Facebook or your financial institution for further help.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.