Paypal Helps Thieves steal money

SteelersBaby
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have read this by a few other people so its obviously an issue that paypal is turning its head to AND assisting the thieves in doing. Closing a dispute in favor of the sender even though PROOF has been given that they are cons. I had an order which claimed to have been sent, they even sent paypal a tracking number which I proved was a fraud when I went to UPS with the tracking number and got a printout of that tracking numbers history and it was to a completely different name and address than mine, it was just in the same city so paypal put it as being delivered and closed my dispute. Didnt even acknowledge the form showing the facts and OF COURSE, never even responded to me directly in reference to the issue. What a joke. I wouldnt be shocked if it was Paypal behind the whole thing with the way they handled it. How is it ok for companies to steal and assist thieves in stealing our money with the promise of paymemt protection? Hahahahahahahahahaha

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sativ27
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, the most insidious thing is the way PayPal lies. I would have far more respect for them if they said - 'sorry, we dont care.' Instead their nasty 'we must respect both sides.. we cannot verify the fraud'.. (despite you supplying full evidence, despite you being scammed in the classic way they are fully aware of.)

Absolutely scummy company. Revolting. Make sure to give Paypal a low scored on Trustpilot. It will be useful for them to lose money for backing the scammers. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Sativ27
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, the most insidious thing is the way PayPal lies. I would have far more respect for them if they said - 'sorry, we dont care.' Instead their nasty 'we must respect both sides.. we cannot verify the fraud'.. (despite you supplying full evidence, despite you being scammed in the classic way they are fully aware of.)

Absolutely scummy company. Revolting. Make sure to give Paypal a low scored on Trustpilot. It will be useful for them to lose money for backing the scammers. 

Login to Me Too

Gerard-1953
Contributor
Contributor
This is worry for me as well. I lost my money because PayPal said that I hadn't reported it in time. And now I'm having similar difficulties with a company called funnday, who also hasn't sent the items purchased. Currently, I don't have confidence that PayPal will assist me with the retrieval of my order or money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteelersBaby 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteelersBaby
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a paper from the UPS Customer Center showing the full history of the tracking number they tried to say belonged to my package even before PayPal closed the dispute in their favor. PayPal didnt even look at my PROOF that the tracking number clearly was to an address and name nowhere even close to mine. They already knew which side they were gonna favor in and the document didnt even get looked at.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.