Paypal Denied my Dispute and closed the case

anilkuj
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase from an online website for a shoe rack ( it was a new website , Yes i should have been more careful! ) . These guys claim that it was shipped and gave me a tracking # for a package that weighed only 1.5 lbs ( for a shoe rack ?? ) . That raised my suspicion , then i waited and on July 3rd it said the package was delivered .  When i called UPS they mentioned that the tracking # didn't belong to my name or address and there is nothing they can do to help me. I realized this guy was a scam artist once he didn't respond to my emails or was trying to call a non-existent phone number.

At this point i opened a dispute with paypal saying that i didn't receive this order , right away the seller responded to paypal and provided the same Tracking # and immediately Paypal denied my claim without even checking  if the Tracking # belonged to me . UPS clearly mentioned that tracking # was delivered to a different address and different name and the actuall shipper of that product was Amazon .  Paypal even closed my case without any option to appeal . I tried calling the customer service due to COVID they dont have any representatives to solve my issues , what am i supposed to do now ?

TLDR:  Paypal denied my claim and closed the case going by the fake UPS tracking # that the  online seller provided . 

Appreciate any help !! 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

anilkuj
Contributor
Contributor

Any Pointers on how i should go about this ?

Login to Me Too

anilkuj
Contributor
Contributor

What do i have to do talk to someone at Paypal to take a look at this case again . Clearly the paypal is siding with the seller just based on a fake tracking # that the seller provided . As i mentioned before UPS clearly told me this tracking # was not for me or my address . 

What are my options ?

Login to Me Too

shelbybug09
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea. I am having the same issue. Ordered 98.00 worth of cleaning items from a company named cleanyos.com and not only are they fake and apparantly PayPal has to know this by now, the company charged me 2 times through pay pal. I saw on a post somewhere that the FBI had become involved and their internet fraud division but not sure how to contact them, but would like to know if you find out

Login to Me Too

anilkuj
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately nothing yet from Paypal , I tried their FB  & Twitter too .  This is pathetic , they are letting all the fake sellers getting away with these scams. Paypal is actually protecting them by not acting on these issues , i have seen tons of people having these issues  !!!

Login to Me Too

bortnichie
New Community Member

The same happened to me today.  You can see clearly that the tracking number is correct and PayPal has my shipment tracking all the way to China.  I will be escalating this problem to the consumer protection agency and I suggest that all of you should do the same.  The more of us complain about PayPal being a fraud that they are, the more likely something will be done  about this. 

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/fraud/ 
Scroll down and click on "Get Started" under: "Submit a complaint You can submit a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission."

Login to Me Too

bbbsss
Contributor
Contributor

sigh, happened to me too

purchased fake airpod which seller listed as authentic, but took me a bit quite a bit time to find out as I didn't use for the phone call in the past few month, found seller now still sells those fake airpods but does not list as genuine airpod anymore, even pointed this fact to Paypal and Paypal still think my purchase is as described.  

Useless purchase protection, as fake as the fake scam product

Login to Me Too

robinard
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the tip to report to consumer finance.  The same thing happened to me.  One of the dispute options is for not receiving your item, but the company/scammer responded with a tracking number.  I guess the fact that this tracking number leads to a delivery address that is not mine doesn't matter to Paypal.  The company gave them my correct name and address but that's not the address that corresponds to the tracking number.  Now that I know I'm not alone, I couldn't be more disappointed in Paypal for helping me get scammed.  It isn't much of an "investigation" if you just take a scammers word for it.

Login to Me Too

ElisaPoore
New Community Member

Same issue.  

Claim entered indicating tracking number was indicated to me by USPS that the address was not what was indicated on my ship to address I provided.  Plus USPS also indicated that the package weighed 13 ounces.  Guys, I purchased a freaking Blackstone Grill.  Now if Paypal dont see an issue here, they are stupid and no one should be using this for protecting buyers.  The grill I purchased would be like 75-80 lbs not no dang 13 ounces!   But my case was denied and closed even though I provided all kinds of proof.  Pathetic worthless support system for Paypal!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robinard 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.