Paypal Account permanent limitation Appeal

vanbaptistamiam
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account is pretty recent and I have sold a lot of items lately on ebay. I sell shoes on ebay and I've created this secondary account so I could use it specifically for that. However, a couple of weeks ago ebay limited my account due to suspicious activity and asked me for my ID. I provided it and it went through, ok. Then, they asked for purchase receipt from supplier and I also got it and sent them the email. Today I woke up, looked at my account and I find my account permanently limited due to "potential risk" after I provided everything they asked. I don't know if paypal has any policy about selling a lot of items when you are new or not being able to send payments to your primary account when your money balance is available. I really need a costumer or someone to send me an email so I can appeal to that decision. In my opinion, it was totally unfair and I had $700 available on that account and I use it for business though it is a personal account. I need an AGENT FROM PAYPAL but every time I call them they say that they limited staff because of COV-19 and that it is not possible to attend me at the moment.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

tbtxgb
Contributor
Contributor

Don't hold your breath. My account was permanently limited on 11/5/2020 and I got the email that after 180 days I would receive an email about how to receive the money in my account, $3689.67. No email after 180 days. I looked at my account and Paypal took all of my money for "liquidated damages". I called Paypal and was told that they were keeping all it as I "violated their Terms of Service." Sure don't remember reading this in the agreement when I opened the account.

Login to Me Too

Gregpollard
Contributor
Contributor
Give a few million permanent bans without reason or means to dispute and hold your money for 180 days during a pandemic.... sounds like an honest solid business plan. where do I sign up for this new PayPal debit card...
Login to Me Too

Nerdlingpro
New Community Member

My account has literally been open for almost a year. I have been able to get money for work I've done with individuals because I am a digital artist. No problems. I am also a Twitch streamer and when I got a $100 donation (the biggest amount I've ever had on this account), my account was flagged and they wanted "Supplier info" except I am my OWN supplier! I make my own products, I entertain! I gave them all this information and they decided I was too much of a risk and locked out all my accounts. Now I don't know if I can ever use Paypal again! So now I have to have the person who donated that $100, ask Paypal to refund it. So thanks Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Loalexis
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also experiencing this problem. I have close to £400 in the account. I raised a complaint as I was trying to resolve an issue that they where asking for information on and the call centre couldnt help me as they where unsure. From raising a complaint to resolve this, paypal has sent an email stating they are now permanently restricting my account, yet I had until 20th September to supply the information. So for me trying to resolve an issue they have permanently restricted my account. Talk about vexatious behavior from paypal.
Login to Me Too

tbtxgb
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck. PayPal ripped me off for almost $3800. Wouldn’t tell me what I was accused of doing and no appeal. Zero transparency. Futile to attempt legal action—their legal department would rapidly make my legal expenses more than what they took from me. Nice scam.
Login to Me Too

Symir
Contributor
Contributor
My account of perm limited after I even tried to email and did a dispute with the correct info
Login to Me Too

Addosamuel
Contributor
Contributor
I also prove with my identity card as they ask me but yet they refuse to make my account work .. they permanently block my account which is sad and I have money in my account which I need to Be used .. they ask me to wait for 180 days which is about 6 good month but I need this money urgent .. I prove everything but still they block it.. the problem is that my credit card was missing so I need to go for a new one so that I can replaced it .. so I need to remove the old one from my account and add this new one .. PayPal therefore block my account .. I think PayPal is not a trusted company no more
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.