Paypal Account permanent limitation Appeal

vanbaptistamiam
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account is pretty recent and I have sold a lot of items lately on ebay. I sell shoes on ebay and I've created this secondary account so I could use it specifically for that. However, a couple of weeks ago ebay limited my account due to suspicious activity and asked me for my ID. I provided it and it went through, ok. Then, they asked for purchase receipt from supplier and I also got it and sent them the email. Today I woke up, looked at my account and I find my account permanently limited due to "potential risk" after I provided everything they asked. I don't know if paypal has any policy about selling a lot of items when you are new or not being able to send payments to your primary account when your money balance is available. I really need a costumer or someone to send me an email so I can appeal to that decision. In my opinion, it was totally unfair and I had $700 available on that account and I use it for business though it is a personal account. I need an AGENT FROM PAYPAL but every time I call them they say that they limited staff because of COV-19 and that it is not possible to attend me at the moment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I hope you are perfectly fine during this pandemic. This may be confusing on your end about the limitation that was placed on your account. Please be advised that are phone lines are still close due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service.  OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. I added these links that might help you. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-kind-of-documentation-can-i-provide-to-remove-my-ac... https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-limitation-from-my-account-faq2189 ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!****

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I hope you are perfectly fine during this pandemic. This may be confusing on your end about the limitation that was placed on your account. Please be advised that are phone lines are still close due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service.  OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. I added these links that might help you. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-kind-of-documentation-can-i-provide-to-remove-my-ac... https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-limitation-from-my-account-faq2189 ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

vanbaptistamiam
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to access facebook and other networks to get in touch with you guys but I was not able. Can you pass me the email where I can appeal my permanent limitation please? I really need to appeal the limitation on my paypal account. Pass me all the possible emails I can send an appeal letter to. Paypal limited my account unfairly and there is no one to help. Please just pass me the email.

Login to Me Too

David_Enrosa
Contributor
Contributor

@vanbaptistamiamThere are no such way to appeal. It's just to make you busy until you accept it. My account is locked also and the reason is 'protect PayPal from potential financial losses' even the reason is not valid. These all are just a setup to take out your account. And the support replies are from BOT/Robot. They sadly don't habls know what is actual problem you are having and gives solution of something else. Also contacting them on social media is useless. The BoT again gonna tell u they will send to you experts without knowing your account name or details and will never look back.

Login to Me Too

Awynn269
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same boat where my account that has $2,153 in it is permanently limited and I cannot get anyone from PayPal to assist me... I have been trying to get help from their customer service now for 3 plus weeks and have gotten nothing but the run around where I get transferred from agent to agent where I then have to explain everything all over again or they just end the conversation on me... I have tried calling and they are apparently closed due to The virus which to me is a BS is reason to close a help desk that in 2020 can be operated by people who WORK FROM HOME! I am going to start laying negative feedback all over the net and to get as much attention to this as I can on social media and any other platforms I can find to bring attention to this bc it is stealing! You can’t just hold peoples money hostage like this and I am furious bc my family needed those funds which is why we sold our extremely nice TV for $2400! That money was and is meant for bills we are behind on so if we lose our vehicles bc PayPal wouldn’t help resolve our issue maybe then an ATTORNEY is what we need to get a sue the live hell out of this company.... I have little to no expectation this will get me any assistance what so ever but this is my first step in making as much noise about this as possible!!!
Login to Me Too

ToniRibeiro
New Community Member

PayPal blocked my account and thereby hampered my chances of doing business internationally

Login to Me Too

Gregpollard
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay to a Gentleman in Berlin, (Name removed) due to Covid restrictions and lockdown my parcel was delivered back to the senders address (My home) I emailed the buyer again and informed him of the delay, I resent the parcel which got lost in transit and arrived back to my door after months. I have not been able to contact Paypal and explain my issue over the phone which has been so frustrating - as it is very complex and messy due to Covid -19 and signatures not being sought after by parcel services... eBay's customer service have tried to help me with this issue and have advised me to contact your resolutions centre so I can use your service again. I am a legitimate seller and buyer on eBay and user of PayPal. I have all documentation, pictures, emails and correspondence's if any information is required, I would really love some help to resolve this issue as I seem to just get back the same automated emails saying I cannot use this service anymore.

What do you want PayPal to do, to put it right for you? : To please contact me via phone or to help remove the permanent limitation on my account, or to help me understand why this has been implemented as I really don't feel it's deserved. I have forwarded attachments of pictures of the parcel and all relevant documentation to do with the transaction.

I hope someone can please come to the rescue 😢 I seem to be hitting a brick wall PayPal Customer support in the message centre  and only exercising my fingers more than anything.

If there is any other information that I can provide, please let me know.

Regards,

Greg

Login to Me Too

Wesleyke
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone ,am also in the same situation and i have noticed this all has occurred during the pandemic where pay pal has deliberately locked out people accounts its a high time for them to stop trying to take our funds by force . 

Login to Me Too

Gregpollard
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed, customer support lines closed for most of the year so far. Full lock out of my PayPal and frozen account due to a parcel getting lost on route to a customer via eBay, understandably other companies were also affected due to the pandemic. But to ban accounts without a functioning resolution team is scandalous. Phone lines are back up.... but not for account limitations funnily enough.....
Login to Me Too

Zd17
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me because of a stupid reason I tried emailing and haven’t heard back and called and said they were unable to get my limitation removed I have to wait 180 days but I don’t want to wait because I have $896 in my account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.