Payment

andreascreative
New Community Member

My customer made a purchase with us using his PayPal account and the monies had been deducted from his account plus SGD $550.00 supposedly PayPal activation fee, which is refundable. Quote “Note : This said SG:$550 you are sending back will be credited into your account along with the (the money SGD$XXX paid to us). The SG:$550 is just a form of verification and activation fees.So it is refundable.” “ Account Activation - A refundable activation fees of SG:$550 will be paid for account activation from any country across the globe,We have contacted your customer and we have already debited his account with the sum of SG:$550.” Does PayPal charge $550 to activate a PayPal account to receive overseas payment? The email I received came from : PayPal <removed> with the email header “R.T.I - Awaits deposit receipt/details” Does this original email notification belong to PayPal? Thank you and appreciate your assistance in this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreascreative 

100% scam, no such thing as an activation fee.

Paypal payments are instant and if paypal are holding them then they would still show in your paypal balance but on hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.