Payment fees before receiving money

pinjaharkonen
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I’m supposed to receive money from US. I got a email from Paypal that says ”We are very sorry this payment is on hold. Recipient won’t receive this money until he/she has cleared this payment. Immediately you cleared this payment your money will be available on their PayPal balance. Kindly provide the Voucher needed.” Payment fees are $300 bitcoins, is this normal? Do i get the money when i’ve paid the fees?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pinjaharkonen 

100% SCAM and a fake paypal email.

Sellers do NOT pay upfront to receive payment for any reason at all, and paypal do not use rival payment processors.

Any fee is auto deducted by paypal and the remainder automatically credited to your balance when your buyer pays.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ginnybyr
New Community Member
this happened to me just recently as well. I was like why the money is not in my account the the person tells me that i need to clear a fee. in my mind i was like what fee??? and thank god i googled about paypal and fees cus it definetly rang suspicious bells for me. and also why bitcoin specificly, if i wanted to be rich i might as well just keep it to myself
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.