Paying to a business account or personal

Navs1
Contributor
Contributor
How do I know if am paying to a business account or personal? I want to make sure my purchase is covered by paypal buyer protection.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navs1 

Does not matter what account type they have as you can sell on either account.

As long as they send you an invoice or money request OR a business paypal.me link OR a paypal.me link where you tick the box to mark it as goods/services (on a sellers personal account) OR you use the send money > goods/services option then you would have buyer protection.

However that protection is not a 100% coverall so best go read up on it so you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Navs1 

Does not matter what account type they have as you can sell on either account.

As long as they send you an invoice or money request OR a business paypal.me link OR a paypal.me link where you tick the box to mark it as goods/services (on a sellers personal account) OR you use the send money > goods/services option then you would have buyer protection.

However that protection is not a 100% coverall so best go read up on it so you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Navs1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for taking the time to answer and help the community.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.