PayPal refuse to help me get £200 back they sent to wrong account

Dotty3107
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent and received money to my daughter on several occasions using PayPal, on Sunday 7 November 2021 I sent her two payments of £100 using the usual method of pay again and neither payment reached her when I contacted PayPal they informed me the payments had been sent to different email address and I have no way of getting it back as it’s family and friends I have since then made another payment using the same method to my daughter and this one reached her . Action fraud UK have also said my account has clearly been hacked but PayPal refuse to help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dotty3107 

You need to check the section on protection for unauthorised payments as they don't cover you for everything.

If the unauthorised access was caused by anything you made a mistake in doing ie giving away your paypal information in a spoof email link etc then you are not covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dotty3107
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply I sent both payments via my PayPal app using the usual method of pay again the same method worked a dozen or so times before and I have tried again this time only sending 10p and was successfully sent to my daughter. I have also received an email from Actionfraud uk confirming that the case has been sent to the national fraud intelligence bureau. PayPal are stating that because I sent it via family and friends that I cannot raise a dispute even though both transactions were sent to a different person with the same name as my daughter but the account has a different email address.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.