PayPal kicking me off

Sandypfl
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has advised me that my account has violated the user agreement and I am permanently banned. I have done nothing unusual nor nefarious.  I did file my first dispute about a month ago when some unknown used my account to make a purchase. At the time, PayPal agreed it was an unauthorized purchase and refunded my money. That is the only unusual activity I have ever had, but I don't know if that is the reason I am getting kicked off. Is there some way to appeal? I haven't done anything wrong!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

gioinstagram
New Community Member

Hey. I am having the same issue right now. I also don't remember doing anything wrong. Everytime PayPal has asked me for any documents I have provided them. I hope that we can both get this issue fixed. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Sandypfl,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post! 

I am sorry to know that your account has been banned which also means account limitation. Limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. For any account-specific questions, please reach out to our customer support team through the available options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

Thanks,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Sandypfl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. However, the email I got telling my account is closed did not tell me why, other than the generic "violated the user agreement. "  Also, I have been unable to find a way to communicate with customer service as it appears that my ability to communicate was closed along with my account.  

Login to Me Too

Same here ! Very frustrating and poor customer service!
Login to Me Too

rick200
New Community Member

Tried calling customer service. After I called in, a PayPal representative was tight lipped. She only told me that due to security issues that could compromise PayPal that I could not be told anything more other than my account has limitations and I am permanently banned from sending or receiving money. I honestly have no clue as to why my account has been limited. I am still in shock over this. Richard

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.