PayPal keeps lying to me! What should I do??

Ianpalmer
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has been lying to me for the past 2 months. I sent a payment on April 6th for $270 for a laptop. Since then the buy has been ignoring my calls & messages so after waiting almost 3 weeks I filed a dispute on April 25th. Ive checked my dispute status literally everyday since then & at first PayPal kept pushing back my resolution date. So after weeks of calling & sending several messages & getting the basic “well review this in a timely manner” response, I finally received an update from an agent in app 4 days ago (Throughout all of this I’ve only received 1 email & it was the original email confirming my dispute). The agent promised me if the buyer didn’t response by June 2nd/yesterday that he would personally close my case & issue me a full refund & that he would be taking full ownership of my case from now on. Since then I haven’t heard back from that agent. I spoke with a new agent yesterday who told me I should get an email or notification by the end of the day about my dispute, obviously nothing. Now today I called to speak with an agent who said there is no timeframe on when a dispute will be closed (that’s a lie. I was given several timeframes on when my dispute would be closed & PayPal continued to change that date. Also the general timeframe is clearly stated on the website). After pointing out how that was lie the agent literally became speechless & when I asked to speak with a supervisor they told me to stay on hold & disconnected my call after 30 minutes of waiting. What should I do?? I have screenshots & proof of everything I’m stating & all of the messages are still on my account
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ianpalmer 

You stated when you opened the dispute but not when you escalated to a claim, only then do paypal become involved.

They don't state a general timeframe, mostly its up to 30 days but can be longer especially if its an international transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/whats-the-difference-between-a-dispute-and-a-claim-HELP238

The time it takes us to decide the outcome of a claim can vary. It depends on whether we need more information or not, and how quickly both parties respond to our inquiries. We usually reach a decision within 14 days, but some cases can take 30 days or longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ianpalmer
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is full of crap. I messaged PayPal last week and an agent lied and said they would personally monitor my case & if the buyer didn’t respond by June 6 I would receive my credit, that was a lie. I called and spoke with a supervisor on June 6 who told me I would receive an update by June 9, that was a lie. Today I messaged the PayPal automated system and was told my dispute was closed in my favor, I called to ask where my credit was and of course the automated system lied too. I’m convinced PayPal is just full of liars at this point, I’ve given up all hope of my money being refunded to me & at this point I’m just going to delete PayPal & never use this company again. I’ve never been more disappointed as a customer, this has to be illegal.
Login to Me Too

Ianpalmer
Contributor
Contributor
No, PayPal is just full of liars
Login to Me Too

Faith234j
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get help at the end of the day facing the same currently
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.