PayPal has permanently limited my account but has partially restored it a few hours later.

Halimah1
Contributor
Contributor

First and foremost, I’ve been using my PayPal account for many years, and it got temporarily limited 2-3 years ago. I have uploaded the documents and all the limits were lifted, and I was a verified PayPal User. Several years later “yesterday” PayPal has sent me a message, and I quote, “We noticed some significant changes to your account activity. We require some information from you to understand this kind of account activity better.” I believe this was because I was sending several transactions at the same time which was unusual and triggered their system and my account got flagged for the second time. After uploading all necessary documents, by the way, the documents they requested were requested before so all I had to do was just resend them again, I guess? Fast-forward a few hours later, PayPal has sent me a message, and I quote “You can no longer do business with PayPal After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You'll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.” I was nonplussed by this response since I’ve been a loyal PayPal user for many years and to find out I was hit by the permanent limitation was very surprising to me. I sell virtual services using my PayPal account, which requires absolutely no way of tracking or actual physical goods. Not only that, but I didn’t receive any disputes in more than 2.5 years. Even when I did before of that, all of them were almost instantly solved and the buyer was greatly satisfied. As an old, loyal, and verified PayPal user, I am acquainted with the PayPal user agreement and I have not violated any policy or law. PayPal has asked me for my Photo ID which I have uploaded, they also asked me for my business information which I have also uploaded. Keep in mind, these documents were previously uploaded and were approved by the PayPal review department. Fast-forward a few hours later, PayPal has sent me a message, and I quote, “Your account has been partially restored. We reviewed the information you provided for reference ID - PP-L-276XXXXXXXXX and have restored some features in your account. As we require more information from you, we’ve still limited certain features on your account. You’ll need to provide the remaining information to regain full access to your account. To know more about the information we require, you can log in to your PayPal account.” I was reassured that PayPal made a mistake, and they have just fixed the mistake they made in the first place. As they asked me to do, I logged into my PayPal account to see what extra documents they would like me to upload to lift the limitation of my account. After logging in, I find out that my account is still permanently limited and there’s no sign of “Your account has been partially restored” nor is there any place where I could upload extra documents to lift my limitation. As of writing this message, my account is still permanently limited even though they said they have partially restored it and gave me a chance to clarify what my business is about and to upload extra documents. PayPal, please address this problem.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Halimah1 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Halimah1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass, I appreciate the fact that you have replied to me with a potential solution.

I have message PayPal yesterday using the PayPal Help Center and chose to contact them through the message center. Till now there’s no reply yet. I will wait at least 2 more days before I take any other action.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.