PayPal froze my account in February when I took a trip to the Philippines how can I get it unfrozen

Michigantim
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal froze my account when I took a trip to the Philippines February 2022. my money is still frozen... What does it take to get PayPal to unlock your account?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michigantim 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michigantim
Contributor
Contributor

I did contact customer support when I discovered Pay Pay locked my account in May. I again reached out to Pay Pay customer support a few days ago. I am getting the same response which is " Customer support doesn't have a answer"  I am told that I simply need to wait 180 days for my money to be released to me. Pay Pal customer support can't or won't give me any reasoning. 

I am now going to shed light on this with a letter to my congressman in Washington D.C.

This is nothing short of extortion! 

If PayPal can collect interest on my money while they have it for 180 days....multiply that by the number of others that have their accounts locked!

EXTORTION!

I met a resort owner while in the phillipines and we have become friends...he explained that PayPal had done this to him "and his business" before the pandemic...his business was crippled for lack of cash flow.

I now use other sources for receiving or sending cash and I will never trust my money with PayPal ever again! I also pass this message to others! 

Pay Pal needs to find other ways to combat potential fraud. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.