PayPal endorses and protects fraudulent sellers I just got stung, what to do?

cheffjeff
New Community Member

i got stung by a fraudulent seller, proved it to PayPal and they still protected this seller, no contact to the seller from me or PayPal, so where did they send my money, i filed a complaint with the IRS, federal trade commission, IC3.gov,better business bureau, local FBI etc. this seller is un contactable,

fraud e mail, fraud location, fraud name, fraud web store site,,,etc.

wwwknifeoutdoor.com  DO NOT GO THERE, OR USE THE SITE, ITS FRAUD 

SELLER PAYPAL NAME        EWAN [removed]   

SELLER E MAIL   PayPal will not let this publish this ,, I HAVE IT IF YOU WANT IT

SELLER PAYPAL call NAME     Ewan PayPal wont let this publish,, I HAVE IT IF YOU WANT IT

after the fake purchase I received numerous spam e mails regarding my payment, but PayPal still sent the money to them/him. but he again doesn't exist and if so is still using PayPal, and PayPal refuses to acknowledge the fraud/…

Ewan [removed] PayPal knows it but does nothing, I bought something on that site, paid with PayPal, then PayPal response was i sent personal funds 'then the seller name showed up , I DID NOT SEND SOMEONE I DONT KNOW PERSONAL MONEY, 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cheffjeff 

Some facts would help.

Did you pay using the friends/family option OR goods/services?

If goods/services then did you open a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate to a claim, if so what happened. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

terryharper
New Community Member

Yeah, I just got stung too. I ordered and paid for a rechargeable hairdresser and was sent one with a lead. The seller even admitted he only sells hairdryers with leads and I should not believe his ads saying rechargeable. What the? Paypal refused a refund. Paypal is operating on its old reputation of guaranteed refunds. It has tightened up a lot. One could say denying refunds is its new policy that it hides from buyers.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terryharper 

Paypal is operating on its old reputation of guaranteed refunds. 

When has paypal ever guaranteed refunds?

Paypals customers are both sellers and buyers.

So it gives 'some' seller and 'some' buyer protection but its up to all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

Both policies are in Paypals user agreement per country.

That means avoiding things like websites from China selling tat on Social Media sites and fake websites.

Also disputes for not as described have to be ''significantly'' other than as described, Paypal does not get involved in quality of items.

However you may still have 2 options.

1. If you funded your payment via a credit card then see if they will chargeback for you.

2. If the seller is in your own country and you have something like a small claims court in your country then you could try that option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.