PayPal dispute on Depop purchase: Advice needed for seller!!!

Jessiicaisabel
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item to a buyer on Depop, but when it arrived she claimed it was not as described and opened a PayPal dispute against me. I offered her a full refund on return of the item but she has now messaged me to say she will not return my item and is giving it to a charity shop instead. Do I have to refund her the money for item if the item has not been returned to me?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jessiicaisabel 

Firstly has she escalated to a claim? If not then it would auto close at 20 days with you winning.

If she escalates and wins then normally as long as the seller has responded to messages then paypal tell her to return the item trackable to prove delivery before she gets a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jessiicaisabel
Contributor
Contributor

I escalated it to a claim because she wrote a review on my Depop account claiming that I was a con man and I refused to give her a refund. We went back and forth for a few days about it and I told her I would issue a full refund to her if the item was returned to me but she flat out refused to pay the return postage. She messaged me two days ago saying she is taking the item to a charity shop now so I don't know what I am meant to do know as the claim is still ongoing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jessiicaisabel 

Shame you escalated, if she didn't escalate it would have just closed.

Now its a claim you will have to wait for paypal, and as i said if they do find in her favour then she would have to provide paypal with a tracking number showing the return before she got refunded. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.