PayPal dispute for buyers

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

My account was blocked because of buyer protection. PayPal is a scam platform with the sellers. The seller stole my money over $10K, so I opened the cases for that. But PayPal denied my cases in seller's favor and blocked my account as well. I think PayPal is not a reasonable platform for buyers.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathan152 

What kind of case(s) did you file? 

• I didn’t receive the item I purchased — (seller has to provide proof of delivery to win claim)
  • The product or service is not as described — (buyer may be required to return item to receive a refund)
  • Unauthorized activity — (your account was breached with transactions made without your knowledge permission)

$10k is a lot of money. Maybe the seller convinced PayPal that you abused buyer protection. Need more back story of what happened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

I didn’t receive the item I purchased

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathan152 

Did seller give fake tracking number?

Or, you received something not as described?

Some people make the mistake of filing item not received claim when they did receive something but not as described.

Login to Me Too

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

The seller didn't send me anything related with a tracking number. He told me my prototype was damaged and couldn't recover it without more money.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathan152 wrote:

The seller didn't send me anything related with a tracking number. He told me my prototype was damaged and couldn't recover it without more money.

File a complaint with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get in contact with executive escalations office. Maybe they can review the whole situation, including your account being blocked and give you an explanation.

Login to Me Too

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, sharpiemarker. bbb.org  is an email address?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nathan152 wrote:

Thanks for your help, sharpiemarker. bbb.org  is an email address?

You’re welcome. Not an email address. it’s a website for Better Business Bureau. Look up PayPal on their web site and click “File a complaint” button on their PayPal profile page.

Login to Me Too

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

They don't accept the employee/employer business.

Login to Me Too

Nathan152
Contributor
Contributor

There is no way?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.