PayPal did not stand by their “buyer protection” rule?????

Treeny70
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had trouble getting their money back when the seller flat out lied where the goods were coming from & PayPal did not stand by their “buyer protection” rule????? I’ve been ripped off almost $100 & PayPal don’t care!!! I took photos of packaging & messages saying it was coming from USA but it had China stickers all over the bag!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Treeny70 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

You can open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described via the resolution centre on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Treeny70
Contributor
Contributor
Well the emails lied saying they were leaving USA & I sent all the proof so why is that not flat out lying!!!!!!! I know to check countries & very angry PayPal did not stand by their “buyer protection” rule! Would’ve never bought if coming from China as all their goods are **bleep**!!!!! Don’t last, wrong description & never fit!!!! I will never be buying from China again & probably never using PayPal again after this experience!!!! After all the years I’ve been with PayPal they did not even care about my loyalty & that is disgraceful!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Treeny70 

When you buy from one of these sites on Social Media you need to check it out by clicking on contact or similar bottom of the website.

It will show CHINA. So then you know.

However they 'ship' from depots in lots of countries all over the world so it would have come from the U.S depot if that is what the email stated.

If you filed for item received but not as described then you may get a refund on return of the item back to the seller, not guaranteed though.

Buyer protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to vet your sellers carefully. Most Social Media / Facebook etc sites are China sellers selling mostly tat so avoid them. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230123
New Community Member
Had a similar problem bought a faulty item contacted PayPal sent them proof of the faults the asked me to return the item with a tracking number which I did. They sent me a confirmation email and now they say that because I failed to do this that they have denied my claim. Nothing short of a scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.