PayPal credit limit as it is not a business account

Ranique
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am selling something online and the buyer suggested to use PayPal. I received an email explaining that they are having trouble crediting my account as it is not a business account. The buyer had to send an extra $300 to ensure my limit has been expanded. But for me to be credited with the money, I had to send $300 back straight away and contact PayPal with proof that I’ve sent it back. Am I being scammed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ranique 

YES, 100% SCAM.

Sellers do NOT pay upfront fees and you do NOT need a business account to receive funds OR pay to upgrade an account or receive funds.

Any paypal fees are auto deducted by paypal from your buyers payment in the same instance the remainder of the payment is credited to your paypal account balance.

No funds in your paypal balance = you have NOT been paid so you do NOT send anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ranique 

YES, 100% SCAM.

Sellers do NOT pay upfront fees and you do NOT need a business account to receive funds OR pay to upgrade an account or receive funds.

Any paypal fees are auto deducted by paypal from your buyers payment in the same instance the remainder of the payment is credited to your paypal account balance.

No funds in your paypal balance = you have NOT been paid so you do NOT send anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.