PayPal charged my account for a Steam on-line Gift Card download information that didn't work.

Keith195a
Contributor
Contributor

After receiving an Order ID Number and an activation code from the Steam Gift Cards Download Center. It never worked.  I contacted the seller more than 25 times (I have copies) to resolve the activation problem. Steam repeatedly asked for the same information, email address, Order number activation code, which I obliged each time. This morning Steam notified me my support ticket had been closed without resolving the issues at hand. I registered with the resolution center and sent copies of everything to PP. 

Also this morning, about two minutes later PayPal issued a denial for further action. It went like this - 

We received the case(s) you filed on May 19, 2023.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because the purchase is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection according to our User Agreement.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

So now the issue becomes PayPal becoming complicit in fraudulent CC activity perpetrated by a client of theirs. The money has been deducted from my bank card and I have received nothing but the run-around from both companies.  

I'd like some feedback from the PayPal community as to what to do next.

Thank you for considering.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.