PayPal blocked my account and my money

Sa113
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not allowing me to "accept the money" that has been sent to me. Placed a random limitation on my account and will not accept the proof of address and valid photo IDs I have sent. After contacting them multiple times, there is now an popup that says "you can't use PayPal anymore."

I have 2 PayPal accounts, one for the US that I created and used while I lived there and one for my current country location. I want to transfer the money from the US account to my current one and close the US one but PayPal will not allow me, even though I have sent every form of proof they asked for. They  have now blocked my account and the money in it. How can I proceed with getting my money?

I moved to another country. I have all the proof that I lived in the US at the time I used my US PayPal account and proof of identity. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sa113 

Paypal is country specific so you can't use a paypal account if you move to another country and its against paypal rules to use another countries paypal account.

You should have withdrawn all funds and sorted and closed the U.S paypal account before you left U.S soil to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

If you haven't already, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This is about the only way to get any sort of response out of PayPal, as their customer service is very poor (though I'm sure you've realized this already). I'm not sure it's going to accomplish much, but you should try anyway.

After that, I'd recommend filing an additional complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Use the category "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet" on their complaints page. Again, I can't promise that this will accomplish anything, but it's a little bit more pressure on PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.