PayPal asked me to file police report

Leonorlando
New Community Member

I ordered an iPhone from a website “currys.co.uk” everything was fine it’s a legit site and everything but when the package came it ended up being an iPhone box with only a charger and EarPods inside I then opened a claim with PayPal and they then got back to me asking me to file a police report and said I can contact ic3.gov so I filed a report but they didn’t send me a confirmation of the report I only have a screenshot of the ic3 page saying “thank you for submitting a complaint to ic3” with my report attached to it but no reference number or anything, would that be enough to satisfy PayPal?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Leonorlando,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, in order to accept the Police Report, we would need to receive a full document signed or stamped by Law Enforcement that explains the problem. a confirmation of the submission of a report would not be enough. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

himawonta
Contributor
Contributor

This is such BS. Paypal doesn't have our backs. I was asked to do the same thing, to submit, with the PAST due date. File a police report for an amount less than 100$? Paypal is helping out scammers by making it harder to get our money back. When they set Past date as due date to submit the required police report, Paypal also becomes scammer. It's safer to charge directly to CC, they protect their clients better. Will never buy anything again with PayPal. I am also reporting Paypal to consumer advocates. 

Login to Me Too

Craigb2060
New Community Member
Exactly! PayPal helps scammers and I’m done using.
Login to Me Too

Melpinkdiamond
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have got a very similar issue and not sure how to get a report from police as requested by PayPal. Did you manage to do this and if so how ? Ta
Login to Me Too

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

Police wont accept a complaint about postal issues, they say that it has to involve vandalism of some sort and the amount must be up there for them to make a report a insurance company covers depending on what the victims agreement states 

police said its the post office you have to file a report with and paypal most likely wont accept this since they only given you a week tops 10 days and a postal complaint could take more then a month.

i asked PP if the postal complaint was enough and for the first time since discussing the case…ive been ignored for 48 hours, 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.