PayPal Stole My Funds After 173 Days Under No Explanatory Reason. How Do I Recover My Funds?

Saphelia
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, PayPal limited my account for "too many chargebacks" after my eighth total chargeback on my account, which was later cancelled by the chargebackee. I've come to find out, 173 days later that PayPal has taken all of my frozen funds, amounting to $1,900 for "Damages to PayPal ToS" without any genuine explanation or clear reasoning behind their actions. The same was true when the account was limited- however I decided I would just swap platforms. After some personal research, I know this has been a common issue for anyone who has been limited, the 180 day withdrawal appears to just be a lie, as PayPal appears to commonly take funds from their users after they have amounted a large amount. I've seen cases amounting up to $20,000+ and I do know that there is quite a large class action lawsuit in the works for this specific problem- however I am wondering if I can figure out a way to get my funds back without joining in on a lawsuit, though if that's the only way, I will. Any ideas or suggestions?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Saphelia 

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.