PayPal Resolution Closed Case

tballinger1997
New Community Member

Hi! I host festivals throughout the year. My Vendors pay online through PayPal. I have an information page that strictly states NO REFUNDS, RAIN or SHINE. NO REFUNDS is mentioned throughout the information given up until the day of the Festival. I had a Vendor who signed up in May. She contacted me a week before asking how many vendors would be there. I answered that day telling her I had 80 Vendors signed up, but several were not coming. I had vendors that had 2 and 3 booths so it looked like more vendors than actually would be there. I sent out an email on Friday, the day of set-up, that I would not be checking emails and if you needed me to text or call. So sometime during that day ( I was swomped with over 75 Venders setting up) she emailed wanting to know exactly how many vendors. Now I got this message late on Sunday. I was at Festival 24/7 all weekend. So sometime Friday night at 6pm she emailed asking again how many vendors. Now I have already sent a vendor list out to everyone. She could clearly see how many vendors. She choose NOT to come to the festival. On SUNDAY, the day the festival is over, she does a dispute with Paypal over her 75.00 Vendor fee. I got the email from Paypal. I sent in the information sheet and correspondence between us. I clearly stated I would not be answering Emails Friday-Sunday. That's when she emailed. This was not a product to be mailed. Yet Paypal refunded her money and charged me the $15.00 fee for it. It said it closed on Nov. 25 and I have 10 days to appeal. There is NO appeal button. I have tried to submit for Dispute and it will not accept it. So my question is how does Paypal come up with the decisions. It said in the closed case that "did not receive" there was nothing for her to receive. It was payment for an event she chose not to attend. And I'm out $90 because she chose not to show up? How do I resolve this?? And for the record, I will NO LONGER be using PayPal for my Festivals!! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tballinger1997 

Sadly its pointless saying no refunds as if a buyer wins a paypal dispute / claim then you have to give a refund as you agreed to it via paypals user agreement when you opened your paypal account.

Secondly unfortunately if you don't respond to claims promptly then paypal may well close in the buyers favour, it was you that chose not to check emails albeit that you were busy.

Lastly she paid for a service that she did not receive and so got her money back. Annoying but it happens, you just have to chalk it down to one of the pains of being an online seller. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.