PayPal Just STOLE 1,000 from my account.

Temp20210608b
New Community Member

Has anyone seen this before? With ZERO explanation PayPal freezes my account and then after 180 days takes all the money from my account. No email letting me know why and no appeal or questioning process, just steals my funds. 

How is this possible? 

Memo

$1,000.29 USD;PayPal Posting Date:May 12, 2021;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation;.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, this sort of thing has become increasingly common as of late. In all likelihood, you'll find that customer service now ignores you. A few suggestions:

• If you haven't already, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I also recommend lodging a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - use the category "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet" on their site.
  • You can try to engage FairShake to recover part of the funds, but it's hard to say how well that will work in this case. Even so, it's worth filing a complaint there if there's no other way to retrieve your money.
  • For the good it will do, you can attempt to contact the PayPal executive office via email. Unfortunately, I can't post the address here or it will be removed, but you can deduce it - couple the department with the domain.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210608b 

All the info to explain is in the user agreement for your country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

• If you've violated our Acceptable Use Policy, then you're also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or
  • If you are a seller and you violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.