PayPal Account hacked and closed

nokcastro
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my paypal account was hacked and closed today. The hacker transferred money to unknown person and closed my account at the same time. I am unable to contact any customer agent due to COVID-19. Are there any things that I could do to resolve this? thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @nokcastro

Thanks for reaching Community forum. We apologize about your account. 

We still have customer service active during this time. 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @nokcastro

Thanks for reaching Community forum. We apologize about your account. 

We still have customer service active during this time. 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

nokcastro
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your feedback. I was able to get in touched to someone in Twitter. Hopefully this will be resolved. After the account was closed, I re opened it by signing up again using the same email but all the transactions were gone .
Login to Me Too

nokcastro
Contributor
Contributor

I would just like to update my post. My issue has been resolved successfully by contacting AskPaypal through their Twitter account.

the transaction worth 400 USD was returned back to my credit card.

For all those people with the same problem amidst this pandemic, please contact their twitter account.

Login to Me Too

nanjingk010
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @nokcastro 

I am faced with the same situation here and trying to get in touch with Paypal. Do you mind telling a little more about the experience getting in touch with them - did you send them a message on Twitter or did you post a piece of twitter and @-ing them on the post? I am sorry if this is an odd question, but I have never used Twitter before and just registered for this purpose (stolen account closed after unauthorised charge). Thank you very much. 

Login to Me Too

nanjingk010
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I also succeeded in solving the same situation through contacting Paypal on Twitter whereas e-mail, phone, and facebook all had failed. 

Login to Me Too

Same My old account was hacked and now PayPal won't release the funds from a ebay sale on my current account. PayPal is stealing my money.
Login to Me Too

Maddy181
New Community Member
Hello, my account has just been hacked and closed, someone stole all my money! They did an unauthorized transaction and before I could cancel the transaction, they closed my account! I opened a dispute on PayPal and I am waiting for a reply. The problem is that all my emails from PayPal have been deleted from my Yahoo mail!!! How is this possible? The hacker deleted my mail messages or what happened?Are there any chances to get my money back? I feel devastated, I burst into tears when I received the email with the so called purchase I didn’t make and when I checked my PayPal balance, it was negative!
Login to Me Too

nanjingk010
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that! From my experience, as mentioned above, I was able to get in touch with PayPal through their Twitter account. Try directly messaging the PayPal Help Twitter account. Keep in mind, though, they have different personnel replying on the Twitter account, so keep the conversation alive by replying back quickly when you hear back from them, so that you do not have to repeat your situation every time they change to a different person typing to you. 

Meanwhile, you might want to contact your banks that are listed on your PayPal account, and place fraud alert on your credit profile to prevent further damage. 

Hope you get your account and money back. 

Login to Me Too

SirYas
Contributor
Contributor
I have same issue occured in the past 24 hours. My account is hacked (I do not know how!!!) and a large transaction iland a small transaction through eBay are executed. Both unauthorized. Then account is closed. Luckily I blocked the credit card quickly, but the damage is already happened. I tried phone and all other ways to contact PayPal. It is very davistating that PayPal kept asking to log in to the account while my account was completely deleted by the hacker. First I was clueless what exactly happened until I read these questions and feedbacks. I have opened this account with the same email address. I have now sent a message to the @AskPayPal on Twitter and am waiting to see what happens.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.