Pay pal in 3 charged me twice how to cancel?

YB04
New Community Member
So I was going to order a controller from pc curry’s with pay pal in 3 but then for some reason it didn’t confirm my order so I tried it again and it didn’t confirm my order again but both times I’ve been charged. Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @YB04

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Sorry to hear of the duplicate charge. 

If you see a duplicate transaction on your PayPal account, we recommend reporting this billing issue to us for review. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jamilah00
New Community Member
I had the same issue and I’m trying to report the issue but it’s telling me I can’t file a case in that type of transaction. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @jamilah00

First of all, welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

If you cannot dispute this, it sounds like you may be seeing a pending authorisation for the Pay in 3 payment. 

Every PayPal Pay in 3 transaction will appear in your PayPal activity feed as the full purchase amount under the relevant merchant’s name as a ‘purchase’.  This is to reflect the total purchase amount and is not reflective of the PayPal Pay in 3 instalment plan or any payments already made using your specific card.  By using PayPal Pay in 3, PayPal pays the merchant upfront and spreads the cost over 3 payments. 

The first payment is taken on the date of purchase and the next two payments are automatically withdrawn over the following two months.  The first payment and subsequent two payments will each be reflected as separate transactions in your PayPal activity and represent the actual payments made towards your purchase.

For more information on this, see: PayPal Pay in 3 Terms and Conditions

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.