Paid a hair salon through PayPal

Vonnie68
Contributor
Contributor
Hi can anyone help . My daughter went to a salon to have her hair done . When she went or pay they said the machine wasn’t working but she could pay one of the owners through PayPal . Her hair was a mess and she is trying to get a refund which they are refusing and it seems this was a personal PayPal account they asked her to send her payment so now she can’t claim back from PayPal although it was a business transaction . Please help as she has spent all her savings on her hair which she has had to go to another salon to fix and now seems she can’t do anything regards the PayPal payment . She is under 18
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vonnie68 

As long as she paid using the goods/services option then it wouldn't matter if it was a personal account as you can still sell on a personal account and as long as buyers use the goods/services option they would have buyer protection.

However if your daughter is underage then its unlikely she has a Paypal account as it would be an illegal account so did she pay via her card as a guest buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.