PHISHING ALERT Springfield Armory

Tomfradan
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody else received a notice from PP saying you have just made a payment to Springfield Armory?

Pls can you help?

I am in UK where we are not allowed to have guns or ammo yet here is a notification saying I have just spent $499.00 with Springfield Armory.

How do I make sense of this. Sorry for being so naive, this is a first for me.

Thank you for reading this far,

Rob

Suspect fraud. I am in UK. Email rec'd from PP today says I paid $99.00 to Springfield Amory. Could not have done. No record of any such transaction on My Accoun. KINLY STOP PAYMENT IMMEDITELY!!!

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Tomfradan 

Kindly check this Help Center article to verify whether the email is really from PayPal or not. 

If it doesn't look legitimate, please forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. if it does look real, though, kindly check your PayPal account to see if the transaction is there, as well as your bank or credit card statements.

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Sasa2676

<  Removed>  Does not work.

Login to Me Too

PNR88
New Community Member

Identical message to reply to "Brikson Armory" charge of $700+ charge.  The help desk email is to pay-pal.  Note hyphen.  Contact phone is also not connected to PayPal.  It is all bogus.

Login to Me Too

BillinUSA
Contributor
Contributor

This is a total scam/fraud.  One was to tell is to look at who the email is from at the top.  It has nothing to do with PayPal.  These are people trying to see if they can get into your computer and steal information.  Do NOT respond in any way.  Check your bank account.  I know the same message came to me an I don't even own a gun so I Know I didn't purchase anything from Springfield Armory.  After a few days (as the message said) check your account and thank the heavenly stars that you were smart enough to not respond because you will have NO charges on your account.  PROMISE!

Login to Me Too

AggieGator
New Community Member

My wife got the same phishing.  Crazy thing is that the links in the buttons are on the PayPal.com server.  Didn't expect that.  We are ignoring it.  I forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com.

Login to Me Too

Poemster98
New Community Member
Same email but chulzie armory shop..over 1000 they said was being taken out!!
Login to Me Too

MLfromCR
New Community Member

Just received email supposedly from PayPal Information that I successfully made a purchase for $650.98 from Springfield Armory LLC in Shreveport, LA on Nov. 18!  No Way!  Email actually was from a gmail account.  I always check suspicious emails and do not reply.  I notice this phish was also reported in May so I guess they are back at it.

Login to Me Too

Ginaram
New Community Member

That's the exact amount mine was for.  Glad I'm not alone but it scared me.

Login to Me Too

theldt
New Community Member

I just received an email today saying they'll charge $899.90.  Email says sent from: <removed>.  See below:

Hi,

Thanks for using Springfield Armory LLC. This email is the receipt for your purchase. No payment is due.

This purchase will appear as Springfield Armory LLC on your credit card statement in 2-3 working days. Need to update your payment information?

10% off your next purchase!

Thanks for your support! Here's a coupon for 10% off your next purchase if use before 3 month.

<removed>

Receipt_id= LZ07826P910L2January 21 2021

Description

Amount

Purchase from Springfield Armory LLC

$ 899.90

Total

$ 899.90

If you have any questions about this invoice, simply reach out to our support team for help.
Toll Free number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Cheers,
The Paypal Team

<removed>

Need a printable copy for your records? You can <removed>

Moved recently? Have a new credit card? You can easily <removed>

© 2020 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Springfield Armory LLC
<removed>
Shreveport
 Louisiana <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.