PERMANENT ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS HELP

PadmesToilet
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold something on this app and when I went to claim the money PayPal asked me for a government I.d which I don’t have because the latest appointment is in June so I thought that my college I.d would work since it worked for other paying apps which it didn’t now I have a permanent account limitations for a mistake, I also gave PayPal my social security card but they’re still saying it’s fraudulent activity but that makes no sense since I’m literally contacting them. All I care for is that money because now I have to send the person basically a free item and pay for shipping (I also can’t issue a refund because when I go to it’s tells me I can’t use PayPal anymore with a red triangle) so how could I just get my money and move on cuz I’m being punished for a simple mistake.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PadmesToilet 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PadmesToilet 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PadmesToilet
Contributor
Contributor
Why is it marked as solved💀
Login to Me Too

markvincentbal
New Community Member

My paypal got permanently limited without intimation . actually before my account got into temporary limited then I have submitted all required proofs and i have submitted each and everything. By god grace my account was restored but after some time suddenly without asking any requirement my account got limited permanently. although I have funds in my account. I think its totally scam here and I tell everyone not to use paypal anymore its a scam .. 

Login to Me Too

PadmesToilet
Contributor
Contributor
100% it is, now I have to give bro a free pair of Jordans shorts💀
Login to Me Too

Mochi_mochi
Contributor
Contributor
Bruh I be asking what’s up through the Customer Assistance center and it be telling me to go to the Resolution Center, so I did. LOL I can’t even access it at all and I have money that I can’t transfer. I swear to all beings and I contact them where I can actually talk to a human being and sort everything out. I’m withdrawing everything, removing my card, and deleting this app. It’s messed up because not a lot of money transfer apps are accessible in my country and PayPal decides to be completely unreasonable to the point that almost majority of the people who have used this for a long time is a “threat” to them. Talk about complete disappointment. I would not recommend this app to anyone at all.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mochi_mochi 

what do you mean a lot of apps aren't available in your country?

you are posting with a U.S paypal account !

if you are not in the U.S then no wonder you have limitations.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sheemshm
Contributor
Contributor

I work as a freelance writer and get paid through PayPal. My account has been permanently limited and I actually have funds left on my account. Now it's stuck and I can't withdraw after 180 days. That's too long and I need the money immediately to support myself and help my family. Sadly, It was limited because I signed up when I was under 18, but I am 22 years old now. What I don't get is how terrible the consequences are just because I was stupid enough to open a PayPal account for a planned small business at that time when I was younger. They say the 180-day period is for providing a window for refunds, but I would never be asked for one since I worked for it. THOSE FUNDS ARE HARD-EARNED MONEY FROM THE ARTICLES I'VE WORKED ON. I've also read that many (with the same issue) were unable to withdraw their funds even after 180 days. PayPal is so unfair and I honestly believe it to be a massive scam. Such a greedy company, they even charge a great deal in transfer fees and currency conversion fees.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sheemshm 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account or allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PadmesToilet
Contributor
Contributor
They say it shows “fraudulent activitiy” yet I’m literally contacting them saying it’s me, app is ran by a bunch of idiots
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.