PAYPAL STEALING MONEY DIRECT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

roksteady
New Community Member

On 25th April ONE payment of £29.99 should have been payed from my bank account to Paypal but two payments were taken.

At first i thought the vendor had been payed twice so i opened a dispute on the transaction.  After speaking to the vendor it was clear they knew nothing about it and that the second payment had been pocketed by paypal so i closed the dispute against the customer and contacted Paypal customer services (with the required evidence) to sort out the problem.

Their response was "We do not deal with closed disputes."

This is a disgraceful attempt by Paypal Customer Services to fob me off after having stolen money directly from my bank account and i am now very angry about it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how Paypal can be held accountable for this theft and how I can get my money back?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Sedricktave
Contributor
Contributor
CONTACT MEDIA EVERY NEWS MEDIA POSSIBLE I AM ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ITS TIME FOR PAY PAL TO BE EXPOSED!!!
Login to Me Too

bk_lish
Contributor
Contributor

Contact a lawyer for class action first, only local media may care enough to follow up and that won't have the desired reach.

Login to Me Too

thecashaccount
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Going to the media is the only way to stop these sharlatans.

Login to Me Too

Thupthigwenwong
Contributor
Contributor

paypay and these useless merchants got the best scam going they sell non existant merch all day long these merchants will never cancel your order paypal pretends they are working on your behalf.they only stall you long enough for the transaction to go through they collect their twenty five cents deposit the rest in this **bleep** safety net knowing full well they got you right where they want you.your money is making them interest while you wait for the verdict of this **bleep** kangaroo court **bleep**.they steal a portion of your money in a currency exchange.noone gets their merchandise because there isn't any merchandise to begin with.the merchants arent even merchants they are paypals accomplices.anybody who is using paypal simply isnt aware .check every cc statement for any .com settlements.because your cc info got passed around to some more global partners who are helping themselves to your money i clawed back $800 or $900 in the last 4 months from these .coms they all pose as nice legitimate customer service reps.don't believe me look for yourselves go to the web addresses.contact them ask them why they are taking unauthorized funds out of your cc.watch as they start blowing smoke up your **bleep** and tell you they are supplying you with customer service.they will not tell you what company what customer related service are they giving you and where is the authorizeation. tell them you are contacting the authorities and to return all tnauthorized funds immediately.document everything contact you institutions demand chargeback.then here's the scariest part the scariest question of all. are these creditors and institutions complicite?what does it matter if hundreds or thousands of people get turned upside down pocket raped and refunded.it's all **bleep**ing free **bleep**ing revenue and the only end to the game is for people to wise up and stop playing it.you only lining these lowlifes pockets

Login to Me Too

thecashaccount
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are absolutely unbelievable really. Well, I've posted my story, an interesting read, to this forum also: PayPal Blocked My Account. I WANT MY MONEY!  

Login to Me Too

SetenityDG
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal holds funds — all of this money from numerous customers is in one bank account and they draw interest off of it
Login to Me Too

Jason-UK
Contributor
Contributor

We all know the story of the Grinch that stole Christmas. Well this story is the payment provider that steals little children’s Christmas presents just before Christmas.

I wonder how much this type of person gets for a Christmas bonus this year? Taking away the hopes and dreams of Christmas and leaving little children sobbing under the Christmas tree.

I am unfortunately a disabled cancer patient who cannot leave my home and unfortunately was foolish enough that I trusted PayPal this Christmas. I transferred funds in to PayPal to buy the children’s presents for Christmas mid-November. This money then magically vanishes in to thin air. I repeatedly call Paypal in hope they would have some sympathy however I get nothing but never-ending excuses and tall tales of we had a technical error, our technical team is looking in to the problem, we are aware of your case, we are looking in to your case. We will call you back later today. An endless line of people telling tales simply unwilling, unable or just simply do not care.

This whole situation has had a terrible effect on my health since it started. I do not know what to do worrying where can I find more money. I just cannot believe people like this actually exist.

Login to Me Too

Tap1995
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal stole my money as well. They are in with Yokawa Network Limited to con you

Login to Me Too

Kmack111
Contributor
Contributor
I wish mine was that small Air b n b took $2259 by mistake for a booking I did not make They refunded it 44 min later My bank statement shows the $2259 coming out bc I didn’t have that much in PayPal and then bank statement shows $2259 go back in Good right? Fast forward 30 hours and PayPal takes $2259 back from my checking acct! Overdraws my acct and makes me bounce my car insurance!! Customer service tells me they fronted the money for me and that why they took it back and I have to wait maybe 10 days to get it back This is pure theft They fronted no money and we’re out no money Beyond absurd I’d say everyone here all 50 of us should tell everyone we know and then close our accounts for good There’s a lot tied to it but I will work around it They deserve nothing from us Not a penny Close your accounts and snd find a competitor who’s more honest or listen we survived before PayPal we can exist without them Their executives deserve to lose this business as they are allowing this to happen and therefore we should all be the catalysts to propel them into a nosedive they can’t recover from Shameful PayPal to steal money under the guise that you “fronted money for me” You must certainly did not! These banks allowing them to just take our money and overdraw Accts is also a scary and pathetic reality Good luck and tell 100 people about this and to never use them and close their Accts before this happens to them Ps they own Venmo too so don’t use them either There are competitors out there if you must but also other solutions to avoid them all
Login to Me Too

TrentL
New Community Member
Paypal has done the same to me. They robbed me of 33.60. Sounds like a small amount, but it still makes me furious. They think it’s okay to take hard earned money when it’s not!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.