PAYPAL NEWBIE: I Filed a dispute and then a claim in the same day. I dont know what to do now

Monalynn75
Contributor
Contributor
First I want to say that I do not practice online shopping. I have fallen victim to bogus and false information on 2 other occasions with the end result of me losing the money invested. It has been 10 years since the last incident. I decided to try my luck on August 26th 2021 but I think I am going to fall as prey to a scam once again. I purchased a 3d printer on August 26th 2021. In 5 minutes I received my order and invoice confirmations in my email and since then I have recurved nothing from the seller. 12 days later I tried emailing the seller at the contact info provided on my invoice confirmation, simply asking for a shipping date and approximate eta. The email was returned to me saying cannot locate email address make sure you entered the info correctly and try again. I removed the email reentered it and sent it again but got the same results. I called PP cust service and they advised me to give the seller another week to ship (they were shipping from china) and if I did not receive a shipping confirmation/tracking number by that time to call back. I waited, no shipped confirmation was received so I called back. The rep I spoke to this time asked me if I had tried to email them, I said yes but it was returned to me as undeliverable and there is no phone number on either of the initial emails confirming my order. I was placed on hold while he researched and came back on the phone giving me another email address to try and contact the seller with. The email contained an actual full name of a female and at the end of it was a number and the letters KC. Now be it coincidence or not but I reside in KC in the USA so it struck me as peculiar. The rep advised me to send an email to this address along with my invoice and order confirmation, let them know I am looking for a shipping date and a tracking number and give them a couple days to respond before contacting customer service again. I waited the 2 days, received no response back, so I decided I would open a dispute (it had been 12 days since I submitted and they received my payment). The dispute had been open for about an hour when I decided that I really didn't want to deal with this any more. I had been scammed the two other times I tried making an online purchase and unfortunately I did not have an option for getting my money back then like I do with PayPal so I decided to turn my dispute into a claim. PP immediately contacted me via email and said that I was no longer able to connect with the seller (I never had connected anyway) but they were going to reach out and see what they could do about getting me what I was needing. It wasn't an hour later when I received another email from PP telling me that they had connected with the seller and got a shipping date and tracking number from them..!!!??? How did that happen? So anyway, I have been tracking my purchase. It was sent for shipping on September 3rd, and it has been arriving in places every day and sometimes every other day within China. Arriving where is anyone's guess, it just says arrival. The only way I know it's still in China is that it says china post which is a shipping logistics company there. They are the ones that supposably have the package. Beside each shipping transaction from September 3rd to September 10th there is a box truck however, on September 11th it says in transit, with an airplane on the left and china post on the right. I still believe that this is a bogus scamming situation and that I am not getting my order. I am afraid that PayPal will close my claim and I won't get my item nor my money back. Does anyone have any experience with the whole china shipping thing? Does it normally take this long and jumping through all these hoops before a package gets delivered to me? Why do you think I was ignored by the seller and when PayPal knocked they answered immediately? Will PayPal close my claim before there is proof of my item being in my possession? If so, what are my options if I still do not receive my package? I know this was a long post but I figured if I spelled it all out you would be able to better answer my questions. If you or anyone can, will you please answer each of the questions I have asked so that i can maybe look at this in a different light then what I am currently. Thanks
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Everika 

If its over 180 days then its too late for paypal to help you.

Why didn't you open a dispute for non receipt of item before the 180 days was up?

If the sofa turned up you could easily have just paid them again if you had been refunded.

Your only option now is if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will chargeback for you BUT it may be too late for your card issuers timespan for disputes as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Everika
Contributor
Contributor
Because I believed that they were going to do something about this problem by then it was too late.
Login to Me Too

Justi1
Contributor
Contributor

GlocHarv
New Community Member
Uh oh, I am starting down this same path. At least you were able to get to customer service. It seems Pay Pal is set up to facilitate these scams. They gave me an address (at least I guess it was) in Chinese. No zip code and I have no way to send back the item that was said to come from Landrum, SC. Pay Pal seems to be part of the scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.