PAYPAL MADE UNAUTHORIZED CHANGES!

Gypsiblu
Contributor
Contributor
In March my phone and wallet were stolen, I've learned the hard way that it's much easier to access info thru apps and several of my accounts were compromised including PayPal. On March 29 I contacted PayPal did an extensive Identity Verification and changed my email and phone number as I had **bleep** the former of both down just to be safe. I have SEVERAL UNAUTHORIZED transactions. Not only did PayPal somehow "miss" several of these transactions, on April 18 I tried to log into my account only to find all my new info had been deleted and my old info replaced thereby giving access to whomever stole my phone and wallet in the first place. I called immediately and was lucky to get a knowledgeable rep who led me thru the process again and changed my info again before any damage was done. I also received a message saying my disputeds had been ruled in my favor, yet they are still showing pending in the resolution center. I really don't know what to do about the this. I've used PayPal many years and recommended them to several clients. Now however i I can't do this anymore in good faith because I can't even get an email reply with an apology or acknowledgement. Any suggestions con how I should proceed?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Gypsiblu

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent case of unauthorized activity. It sounds like you were able to contact our Support Teams and get it all taken care of though which is great to hear! Normally, a refund can take a few days to complete back to your funding source. Here's a Help enter article you may find useful: Where is my refund?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.