PAYPAL INST XFER WEB ID: PAYPALSI77

nJoiOnlY
Contributor
Contributor

How safe is PayPal now?   Somebody has used my son's account and did ACH Debit 3 times for a total of $450.

All transactions were debited directly from his checking account and payable to Web ID: PAYPALS77

October 5, 2017
PAYPAL INST XFER DELEESA2011 WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $50.00

October 13, 2017

PAYPAL INST XFER SOFTCELBERG WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $200.00

PAYPAL INST XFER GCHAZ193 WEB ID: PAYPALSI77 $200.00

The funny thing is there was no activity at all in his Summary/Activity.  So, he called PayPal and they told him that somebody has used his identity to open another account and done bogus transactions in another country.  PayPal closed the fake account instantly and advised my son to contact his bank to do neccesary steps for his own protection.

I don't understand why PayPal could not stop any cloning account without verifying first.  As far as I remember you need to verify and confirm even for an email change.  Is PayPal really safe now?

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

vantaB21

$1000 was taken out of my account. I want my money back.

Login to Me Too

xGnomex
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure how to talk on this board but, 

I looked up PAYPALSI77 because of a personal matter I am going through in regards to a stolen check. The reason I even got the name or ID number 'PAYPALSI77' is because I was trying to track anything about the person who stole the check  I speak of.  

I need to know, is it for sure that PAYPALSI77 is without a doubt an account used by a person who has stolen from all of you??? 

If so, I know exactly where this person is and who they are. 

Like I said, I'm ignorant to these forum things, which is why  i probably sound it. 

Login to Me Too

AmyStoehr
New Community Member

I went searching on this ID because of a monthly recurring charge I didn't recognize by name. Turns out it is the company who hosts a website for my husband, so completely valid charge... just the name of the company changed and I didn't recognize it. Is it possible that an ID like that could reference multiple vendors? Or a particular type of vendor, but not be exclusive to one?

Login to Me Too

dspina1031

My Husband and I just saw two fraud charges come out of our checking account. 

We do not check our activity to often since we pay our bills right away once any money comes in.

Once we got a negative balance alert it did not make sense since we balance out our expenses.

So we saw the following:

ID:QLENTERPRIS ORIG ID:PAYPALEC88 $ 324.94, for an i pod from eBay

Chen <removed> $ 4.25 a rubber ducky from eBay, probably a test buy.

I was able to find out some scumbag named Chris <removed> did this and  hacked our online banking and was able to verify our account and get it added on to his account.

The Paypal representative would not release any other information about the name of the person, which I am sure is an alias.

In the process of going to the police since this is ID Theft and Computer fraud. Not a great way to start off the new year.

Login to Me Too

Ginny1
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else had fraud charges from the ID PAYPALSI77 to any other bank account than Chase? Just curious. I did dispute this with PayPal and I did recover all my funds. Wasn’t necessarily straight forward. Chase had to initiate the request from PayPal, which they did once they realized they (Chase) wasn’t being asked to reimburse me, that the money was being paid by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DominicPioli
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my sad tale regarding PAYPAL and their refusal to remove FRAUDULENT companies or individuals. I ordered 4 full sized tires for my Dodge Grand Caravan from ANDREW<removed> IAT PAYPAL <removed>WEB ID: <removed>. Received a UPS tracking number for shipment. Supposedly shipment delivered by UPS to my address which I NEVER received (I have video proof of NO delivery at day and time supplied by UPS). Upon further investigation the package had a weight of 2.10 pounds (HOW in the world do 4 full sized tires weigh only 2 POUNDS)!!?? Plus upon checking with PAYPAL the seller is both NON USA and UNVERIFIED...so basically they are ALLOWING FRAUD to be perpetuated on the consumer. MY claim was denied based on the ONLY supposed fact of a delivery, but they failed miserably to bother to even check on the weight or even the category (Timeshares) for this shipment. Of course once denied there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do about re-opening or getting them to do more research. There is no way to contact anyone either by phone or even a good email address. IN OTHER words....ALL the consumers that support this platform are NOT important enough to give good customer service to and IF YOU LOOSE money PAYPAL could care less. I am now opening up a formal complaint with the FTC and I would recommend ANYONE that has had issues like this to do the same thing. My transaction amount was smaller in comparison to some I have seen, but the facts remain that PAYPAL allows this to happen with NO REGARD for the consumer. Lets all get this information out to the public, then lets see if PAYPAL responds correctly, we can show the power of the net and people banding together to get justice served. Good Luck with PAYPAL everyone.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @DominicPioli,

We're very sorry to hear of your negative experience. That is obviously not the experience PayPal wants for our customers. Cases are reviewed by both agents and automated processes. Some times mistakes can be made. 

However, PayPal absolutely does have an appeal process for claims. I would recommend contacting the courier to get written confirmation that the item was not delivered to your address and highlight that the tires could not have possibly fit in that type of package. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

jr512
New Community Member

Yes my problem is with PAYPALS177. I just discovered they have been milking my account with random signs. At first i thought it was related to a new game i was playing / in-gamge purchases. But it's not. It looks like someone is taking money left and right. Has anyone ran into this and how did you address it with Paypal?

You can tell me where and who they are!? 🙂

OK, yes please!

Thanks, Jason

Login to Me Too

Ginny1
Contributor
Contributor
Did it come straight out of your Chase account? It always seems to be Chase. You can recover the funds from PayPal, but you have to work closely with your bank. First, contact PayPal and establish a fraud file with number. That is key. Identify ALL the fraudulent charges. I got some of my money back right away from Chase, then had to recover the rest from PayPal (thru Chase) because of the amount of time that had occurred from the first charge until now. This happened to me over the span of 6 months with charges totaling over $3000 total. Don’t hate on me for not noticing earlier, it was an account I had opened just 3 months previously with Chase and has not used since initial deposit. I didn’t even have a debit card for this account. I also never connected my PayPal account to this account. So, I have no idea how someone got the account information. I suspect, it has something to do with how Chase assigns their account numbers or they have a leak somewhere. It is always Chase accounts and it is (almost) always the same PayPal ID. Chase will act like they have no idea what this ID is, but I am sure they are quite aware of it. No idea why it can’t just be blocked.
Login to Me Too

KWC07
Contributor
Contributor
I wish I could post a picture of my bank statement. It definitely says PAYPALS177...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.