Open Dispute

namie
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I opened a dispute for a payment that was stuck on pending, since 15/Jan/2023 but it hasn't been solved yet even though they showed that it normally takes 5 days. The deadline showed was 30th of Jan (which is 15 days from when I requested the dispute), but I just checked and it has been moved to 6th of Feb... now I'm worried about whether I'll get my refund any time soon.. Can anyone help me with this? I don't know who to contact about this either.. (Note: the seller agreed on refunding me and were the ones who told me to request a dispute.)
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@namie 

If its pending on your account or showing unclaimed then it has not transferred to the seller.

Any pending payments 'time out' at 30 days and go back to your funding source. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@namie 

Pending on your account / the sellers account or both accounts.

Or is it pending authorisation?

Which dispute were you able to open?

Does it say completed / pending or unclaimed on your transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

namie
Contributor
Contributor
All I know is that it's pending on my account, the seller seemed unaware of my purchase, my order didn't even show on their website. but when I talked to them they told me to open a dispute, I did and it's been stuck at "we're currently reviewing this dispute" or something for over 2 weeks, even though it says "this usually takes up to 5 days".. and the estimate time moved forward a whole week as well.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@namie 

Can't help if you don't actually answer the questions that I asked you.

You completely ignored the last 2.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

namie
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry if my answers are lacking, I don't know how to use paypal well so I'm confused about many things. My payment is pending till now, on my dispute it says "missing refund or credit" And the resolution date has been moved to 11th of Feb now, status is still on "we're reviewing this case" which says "This usually takes 5 days". If I don't answer a question it's because I don't know what it means not because I deliberately "ignored" it, I'm trying my best to provide answers since I need help. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@namie 

If its pending on your account or showing unclaimed then it has not transferred to the seller.

Any pending payments 'time out' at 30 days and go back to your funding source. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

namie
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.