Online scam

Icezhang615
Contributor
Contributor
I was selling my second hand stuff through Facebook, and someone said paid already but I didn’t received it, and then she asked me check back my email, I received a email shows Held Payment Your payment of 50 dollars . 50 dollars from has been held, being your first time receiving money through business account , we would like you to understand that to have the $50.00 AUD deposited into your account your sender would have to make a one time payment of $250.00 AUD to pavia your own PayPal account to upgrade your account to a business account , your $300.00 AUD would be available in your account immediately. Reply the email with the keyword 'payment' to make your payment. Is that normal or is it online scams?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Icezhang615 

Total scam.

PayPal does not require you to upgrade to business account, does not ask your sender to pay exorbitant amounts of money in order for you to receive payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Icezhang615 

Total scam.

PayPal does not require you to upgrade to business account, does not ask your sender to pay exorbitant amounts of money in order for you to receive payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Loucarter
New Community Member
I’ve just had the same issue, but I fell for it they got $200 out of me before it bloody clicked that it was a scam. I feel like an idiot, I’m never trusting anything ever again
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.