Onbela

ashleyJohn
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone ordered from Onbela? Is it a legitimate company?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashleyJohn 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Swiftdeals1
Contributor
Contributor
Placed order.waiting for response from company
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ashleyJohn, @Swiftdeals1,

Welcome to you both! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community. While I'm unable to comment on the legitimacy of a specific merchant, I can offer some insight into our Purchase Protection. If you make a purchase through PayPal and you either don't receive your item or the item you received is not as described, you can open a dispute through our Resolution Center for PayPal to investigate. Here's a bit more information you may find useful:

How do I open a dispute with a seller?

How long can the seller take before shipping my item?

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ashleyJohn
Contributor
Contributor

Jon K.

Why are you unable to comment on the legitimacy of a specific merchant.  If other members are having more problems than usual with a particular 

merchant, you should be able to alert members.  That way you would save members and your team time and aggravation of having to go through a process to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Ashley

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashleyJohn 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Swiftdeals1
Contributor
Contributor

the company did not respond as of yet.

Login to Me Too

criptial
Contributor
Contributor

Onbela is associated with a vast network of sites that fall under the banner of "rixithailand"

A web search of that name pulls up links to hundreds of different websites selling a variety of items that are popular holiday gifts. Things like designer clothing, shoes and accessories, professional sports team jerseys, electronics, tools, etc.  Many of the search results include the names and slogans of major retailers like Costco and Walmart in the title.  I was unable to locate any information that would establish or verify a relationship between rixithailand or any of the sites using their contact information and Walmart, Costco or any other legitimate retailer.

Hopefully this helps you make an informed decision. 😊

Edit: Edited for clarity.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.