On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I was involved in an online scam where my paypal account was charged but I received no receipt from the vendor and they provided a fake tracking number.  I reported all of the details and provided copies of my emails to the vendor.  

I on 12/2 I attempted to purchased a computer monitor from an online site and paid using Paypal. After submitting the transaction I never received confirmation or a receipt. I did get an email from Paypal that my account was charged. I submitted a request for a receipt via the website customer service link explaining the issue and asked for a confirmation and receipt for the order. I did not get any reply and sent additional emails to the contact email on the Paypal receipt and got no answers.  On 12/4/2019 there was an update on paypal with a tracking number. USPS tracking only shows the city and zip of the destination but not the full address.   I tracked the package, and when it was supposedly delivered, nothing actually arrived.  I have video evidence there was no delivery.

I contacted the post office and found out that the tracking number was spoofed. It was an real tracking number but for an unrelated package that was going to the same city and zip but not my address.   It was from Albany NY and sent to a comply different name and address. It was also only 1 ounce. (Mine was supposed to be a 27" monitor). 

At this point I filed a claim with paypal with all this info.  Paypal closed the case the next day without even talking to me or the seller.  They just said the item was delivered based on the fake tracking number.  I called and spoke to an Paypal agent and explained all of the detail again.  She said I needed to get an Intranet for from the USPS showing the details of the tracking number and upload that.  When I called USPS I was told that the Intranet for is an internal only document and they do not provide that to the public.

So in a case of clear documented fraud Paypal if requiring a document that it is impossible for me to obtain?  What do I do at this point?

Login to Me Too
120 REPLIES 120

Deb_57
I must be one of those dummies… I’ve gotten scammed four times during this COVID-19 time. I ordered A car seat for my grandbaby and got a mask that I ordered a portable icemaker and got a ring, then I ordered an umbrella for my pool deck area to go on the table and got another ring and then I ordered a set of lounger chairs for the pool area and got another rain. Mind you all of these are ordered within a week or two of each other so these rings came dribbling in. I’ve gotten reimbursed for everything except for the lounger chairs which seems like that would be the thing that would open someone size. The tracking shows that it was delivered to my mailbox down at the end of the street. It shows it was a small package. You would think that PayPal would be able to see that a small package and two lounge chairs are completely different in size and no way could you get a lounger chair in a little package in the mailbox mind you. And it’s been hours and days of being on the phone… So irritating
Login to Me Too

Susan113
Contributor
Contributor

Hi... I am so glad to find information on this topic.  I have been trying to get my money refunded since the beginning of July.  I had the very same experience many are sharing. I purchased sandals on what I thought was a legitimate well known shoe company site.  As soon as I ran payment through Paypal I realized something was wrong. I immediately tried to cancel my pending payment but was told I had to do this through the seller.  Well, good luck with that if its a scammer!   I tried to contact the seller with no response.   Since that time my money was taken out of my account, I have contacted paypal many times, filed a dispute which they denied because I had two USPS shipping confirmations.  Both were obviously spoofed.  The items were supposed to be delivered the same time the tracking confirmations were given.   I got confirmation from the Post office that these tracking numbers went to two different addresses in my area.  But this isn't enough for Paypal and they keep asking for a INTRANET FORM which the post office will not provide.  I never received anything and all I want is my money refunded.  I do not understand how a company like Paypal can allow this to happen.

It takes days to get replies to your messages.   I tried calling and it is impossible to speak with a person.  I do not understand why a company like PayPal would side with a scammer.    Is their anywhere else I can report this?

Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
@Susan... you say you purchased Sandals and immediately knew something was wrong? Do you mind my asking what website this was from? I have the same experience. Website chacousoutlet.com It is a case of obvious fray and PayPal refuses to help! I cannot get an Intranet form from the post office, I have sent PayPal a letter from the post office, on USPS letterhead, that the package was not delivered, and PayPal still insists on this intranet form. The post office says this must be requested by the seller or PayPal and neither will work with me! It’s awful that you have to wait for over 24 hours for a reply from PayPal and cannot speak with a human and each reply comes from a different person with half an explanation or however they are feeling when they answer!
Login to Me Too

Susan113
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It was set up as KEEN shoes, but when payment was sent  went through some place called APA Architects (DK) Limited.  If you do any research you cannot find any company or person under that name for KEEN Shoes. This immediately alerted me that something was wrong.  Number one... Paypal should allow you to cancel a pending payment when you become aware something is wrong.  I tried but they would not let me do this, I had to wait and file a dispute. Because the money came out of my checking account, I have no way of getting my money back except through Paypal.  Number Two if obvious fraud, Paypay should never side with the scammer or they are part of the scam.   This is a case of obvious fraud and I do not understand why Paypal sides with a scammer.   USPS was very quick to respond when I asked them to check the tracking numbers.  Both are obviously spoofed. They go to two different addresses in my town.  Paypal can see that as soon as these numbers are issued their is no tracking information, the items are immediately delivered when everyone knows this is impossible.  I have been receiving the same type of responses from Paypal as you mentioned. I send a message and wait several days to get a response from someone telling me how bad they feel for me but insisting I need that INTRANET FORM. This is not something the post office will release.   I am frustrated and would like to know where or how I can proceed from here.  I want my money returned.

Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
I understand your frustration. My Payment went to Jeng Sheng chi. I can not remove my checking information from PayPal due to this dispute, but will no longer personally use PayPal or recommend their products! To is very clear PayPal does not care for their customers by the number of recent disputes regarding fraud and spoofed tracking numbers. I have turned the website I purchased from in for mail fraud and also reported them to Chaco shoes. My hope is that someone from PayPal will figure out that the intranet form is non existent to the receiving party and will hopefully refund our monies. Until then, it’s a message a day. Good Luck!
Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
I must update! PayPal has issued a refund. There is an intranet form. Per the USPS personnel that I spoke with, they cannot provide you with a hard copy of the form and typically do not provide the information. I was lucky enough to get them to provide a soft copy after providing great detail about the problem. So I was lucky to get the information and the dispute was overturned. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Susan113
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to hear that you got your money refunded.  I am still trying to make that happen.  I was told by a USPS person that they would not release that information.  This was through e mail and they closed the case.  I tried resubmitting my information but wasn't able to do that.  Did you get the Intranet form  at your home Post office?    It sounds like I will need to make a trip to town.  Paypal is driving me crazy... I talk to a different person every time  I message then and get confusing information.  I have sent everything they asked for but they insist on this intranet form.  Thanks for the update.

Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
Susan, our post office lobby is closed due to the high number of COVID cases in our area. I pleaded with them and told them I needed to visit to get a form, an intranet form, and the lady told me they do not give them out. I told her I had lost money, I had no way to contact the seller overseas, the seller refused to reply to emails and PayPal will not call and request the form. She then asked for the tracking number and my email address and sent me an “Intranet form” with the information that was needed to overturn the case.
Login to Me Too

Deb_57
Well lucky you I’ve been going back-and-forth with the same person unfortunately at the local US post office and she insists that there is no Internet form that she could give me. I guess I’ll call her again tomorrow and keep bugging her
Login to Me Too

Deb_57
That is my next move to walk into a post office and see if I can get a copy of an Intranet form with this information showing what was delivered and then PayPal has the information of what should’ve been delivered Which does not match
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.