ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED SCAM for Bait and Switch

Dgotang
Contributor
Contributor

ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED is a bait and switch company.  I do not believe that they are a retail business at all.  They set up a dummy website with a product that they do NOT carry (like a phone case for underwater use).  They have you order the product at a great price.  They then send you product that is worth less than $5 and pay only a couple of dollars in china freight.  They know that you didn't get what you want.  Half of the buyers give up then (They keep $35- $7 = $28 profit).  The second half of the ripped off buyers place a dispute with Paypal.  The seller offers a refund of $21 and half accept (They keep $35 -$7 -$21 = $7 profit.  The second half or 1/4 will reject the settlement and Paypal will ask the buyer to rebox the merchandise, address the package for return, ship it and record the tracking number for approximately $25.  Most will give up and not send back the item because of the high shipping cost.  A few will go down the road and pay the $25 shipping and send it back.  After 30 days, the seller will inform Paypal that the return was never received.  The tracking number will not prove it was received and the buyer/shipper will now have to apply for an insurance claim and Paypal will close the case as successfully resolve.  The bait and switch seller will now keep the $28 profit for their fraud.  Enough complaints and they will start over and call themselves a new name and set up a new Paypal sellers account with a new product.

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

markasmithson
Contributor
Contributor
Even the Hong Kong trading standards authority know that this is happening but unless the items are purchased in Hong Kong they are all but powerless to intervene. It's crazy and the only alternative would be to contact the police in Hong Kong hoping they would investigate this international fraud. It must meet millions of $ to these fraudsters. Because that's all they are, criminals! There needs to be an international consensus to stop this. Facebook may have striped one or two is the ads however they have just opened up a few more names and start again. The company and people who run it needs stopping
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor
@markasmithson I tried writing to the HK Consumer Association. Got a very quick and polite response. Even though Orderplus is one name under many , and even the parent company is in HK, the HK Consumer Association cannot help as .. online transactions are out of their jurisdiction. And payment to PayPal does not say Orderplus .. So the only fight here is with PayPal to not accept accounts from these Chinese companies.
Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

link_2019
I got caught in this scam too. I was about to arrange tracked return post ($20) for the $2 switched item but then I read your post about not being able to verify delivery when it gets back to China! I feel like such a fool. I seriously thought I’d be safe using PayPal for the original purchase - but here I am, having lost my money from a horrible scam and no action from PayPal in stopping this wretched company from doing it again and again and again....
Login to Me Too

IanScotson
Contributor
Contributor
I am seriously considering the continued use of my paypal account for purchases.
Login to Me Too

Newell
Contributor
Contributor
I am for sure if they don’t resolve my issue
Login to Me Too

Newell
Contributor
Contributor
Why aren’t we holding PayPal accountable and refusing to use PayPal. I thought by using PayPal I was safe. Guess I was wrong.
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor
@Dgotang For those who do send back item, if it's anything mechanical and started that it is Made in China (even when it was sent from China) will not be allowed to go through unless you state that it's for repair. Go figure. The company uses a huge warehouse probably under many names. So when if it is delivered, they can say it's not and why do they care. Chinese companies have made sending items from China really affordable for shippers. It costs them maybe $1 to send anything out. Guess his much you pay when you have to send it back with tracking?
Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

mick094m
Contributor
Contributor

I put a claim in to paypal after NOT receiving the e bike I ordered, paypal REFUSED to reimburse me ,due to these scammers saying it was tracked as delivered, why ,when it is plain to see that these people are crooks, does paypal colude with them, this is not about the money NOW it is about them and PAYPAL questioning my HONESTY

Login to Me Too

vks28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I ordered an item from ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED and still not delivered.  If this is a fraud company, why not Paypal blacklist them or file a case against them ?  I ordered few items and nothing is delivered with other suppliers also.  I will never order anything which is shown in Instagram

Vimal, Dubai

Login to Me Too

Newell
Contributor
Contributor
I found it on FB. FB and IG need to make sure their ads are legit!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.